1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Auditioning a drummer WITHOUT a guitarist

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Fassa Albrecht, Mar 27, 2009.

1. I'm sans gui**** at the moment, and so I'm left with a problem.

Most of my band's songs are guitar-led, and so they're difficult to really do without it.

But I have to find a drummer for my band, and I was wondering what the best approach is to auditioning them without the benefit of a guitar?

Any help would be cool.

2. Kind of a chicken-and-the-egg problem, isn't it?

I think I'd find a guitarist first...or at least audition both at the same time so I had a little better idea of how they played together.

3. I have a guitarist, but he's in the Army and so he can get called away sometimes.

4. Revvv

Revvv

Oct 31, 2007
    Georgia
    It won't hurt to start weeding out drummers. If the drummer and you can not get together, it won't happen anyway.

5. dj150888

dj150888

Feb 25, 2008
    Belfast, Ireland
    Fassa........isn't this band number 73?! How can you always have a band problem that involves different people? Either your band changes members every week or you've got an awful lot of stagnant projects.

6. Is this the band with Munchausen's?

7. Nope! The guitarist I'm working with at the moment has been with me for several months and I also work in a friend's band, my church band, a university band (which I've now quit), a small Bible studygroup band and then I tend to just work as and when I can find the work.

I've reported that I've had issues with the uni and friend's band, and those two I'm either quitting or have quit already.

This is my GIGGING band, the one I've set up and am hoping to do gigs with.