Auditioning, Rehearsing and Gigging with RIC 4003

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by FunkHead, Jul 25, 2013.

1. FunkHead

FunkHead Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    After auditioning with my RIC 4003, People are just disappointed when I show with anything else. I bring my Fenders to rehearsals and my Band asks me "where's the Ric?" "Your gonna do the show with the RIC right?" I love my fenders but I can't seem to get the Bands approval. So I just keep gigging with my RIC and loving every minute of it. :cool: I'm not trying to start $%#$ this just really is the truth.

Ric5 likes this.
  2. Phil Smith

Phil Smith Mr Sumisu 2 U

May 30, 2000
    Peoples Republic of Brooklyn
    Creator of: iGigBook for Android/iOS
    See, that right there is the problem with bands.

3. preside

preside

Aug 7, 2010
    Scottsdale Az
    **** I'm thrilled when folks notice my sound enough to be disappointed when I change it. Sounds like your on the right track

4. FunkHead

Mar 10, 2007
    Yeah I guess. I love my band but I would like to mix it up and gig the Fenders especially my Jaguar.

Definitely! I got lucky to find this band:bassist:. They're all extremely cool and gifted musicians.

5. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    tell them the Ric is in the shop

6. FunkHead

Mar 10, 2007
    That just might work.;)

7. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Colorado
    I disclose nothing
    Bring one Ric and one Fender to each rehearsal and each show ...

8. Lo-E

Lo-E

Dec 19, 2009
    Brooklyn, NY
    Or just tell them you need to switch the basses out every once in a while because they all need some love and attention.

9. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

Jan 2, 2008
    tell them its visa expired.

10. Gaolee

Gaolee Official leathers tester and crash dummy

The Ric gets left behind sometimes. Mostly because I don't feel like playing it all the time.

11. charlie monroe

charlie monroe Gold Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    IMG_0255.jpg I've never gigged my '82 4003. Picked it up after I left (what is so far) my last band...

12. Slough Feg Bass

Slough Feg Bass Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2007
    San Francisco
    Hah! that used to happen to me until my '71 Ric was stolen. :(

It is kinda cool though, sometimes after shows some kids will ask what happened to the Ric, or hey, last time you had a fancy black bass, and now you have this effed up one that sounds better?

13. M0ses

M0ses

Sep 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Well, they look dman cool!

14. tspallone

tspallone

Oct 13, 2011
    Nanuet, NY
    Tell the drummer, "Where's your set of ______ drums? Don't you get tired of playing the same set?"

15. I have a Fender P which my band favors, and I had a Hohner 5-string which they didn't like. They didn't send me packing when I brought the Hohner, they just said they didn't like it.
    On the reverse side, I didn't tell them to stick it, I sold the Hohner. So we tell each other what we think, we respect each other's opinions, but in the end everybody's free to play whatever they like.

16. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Colorado
    I disclose nothing
    I have had the same thing happen to me.

17. pglaser01

pglaser01

Mar 19, 2013
    St. Louis, MO
    If only I were that good....
    tell them to turn around and then play both....see if they can hear the difference then

18. Ironbar

Ironbar Inactive

Aug 24, 2013
    Tigard, Oregon
    I'm sorry, is this a complaint or just statement of fact? If I had a real Ric I probably wouldn't play anything else either.

19. cronker

cronker

Feb 13, 2007
    Australia
    Had this happen before.
    When my speccy new Ray5 arrived, I was stoked and so excited! I played it at rehearsal and the guys loved it too.
    Couple of weeks later, I took my Jazz back to rehearsal, just for something different.
    They all said "oh great! We all love the jazz!"
    :mad:

20. FunkHead

Mar 10, 2007
    Hi, Nah it's not a complaint. I was actually very surprised because I thought my band would do the opposite and request the Fender and not my Ric. I was just showing how happy I was that they approved of the Ric and expressing my total Joy. Fenders Rule too man!

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021