Auditioning tomorrow - I hope I get the gig!

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by coolrunner989, Feb 9, 2009.

1. I'm auditioning for a local cover/original rock band tomorrow night and it would be a huge improvement for me. They are already established, play shows at least twice a weekend. I'd make more than twice as much as I do working for the U parking lots, which means I could afford some new bass gear and pay my bills lol.

Just wanted to share my enthusiasm with my TB brethern and wonder if anyone has some tips - I feel pretty confident but I dont have a whole lot of experience with this. I've only been in two other semi-serious bands.

Peace

2. GL with you audition. I might be one of the few that actually enjoys auditioning. I like to meet new players and jam with them. Just relax and be yourself. Enjoy the process. :hyper:

3. HashbrownCOBM

HashbrownCOBM

May 6, 2008
    In minneapolis or atlanta? What's the name of the band?

4. Minneapolis - I suppose I'll let you guys know the band if I make it :p

5. Mads

Mads Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2005
    Oslo, Norway
    Best of luck

6. Stumbo

Stumbo Guest

Feb 11, 2008
  7. justabass

justabass

Nov 7, 2006
    Nashville TN/Old Hickory TN
    Endorsing-Trace Elliot,Peavey Basses,PedalTrain,Starkey inears
    #1 rule of auditioning...Don't tell anyone until after!;)

8. bassbully

bassbully Endorsed by The PHALEX CORN BASS..mmm...corn!

Sep 7, 2006
    Blimp City USA
    Are you saying?

#2 rule of auditioning...Don't tell anyone on a public board the name of the city and band you are auditioning for! :eyebrow:

9. ooook - edited

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021