1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Auerswald Bass Players?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BasserBassist, Sep 22, 2008.

1. BasserBassist

BasserBassist

Sep 22, 2008
    Hey all,

I've been looking into an Auerswald bass but I was hoping to find out more about these instruments before I go diving too deep. I have a hunch that Jerry's sustain bow concept works better on his bass as opposed to his guitar models. I think the sustain bow Hammer model looks pretty sweet but I've no idea what it sounds like or even plays like (hence why I'm making this post).

It seems like it could be a worthy investment but of course feedback from other users would help a lot too. I'm just ever so curious about how the sustain bow sounds and what its like in terms of overall tone. I've also heard that Jerry implements pickups within the instrument (but that's most likely due to customer preferences etc). Any of you had any experience with these instruments? Care to share your thoughts if so? It would be much appreciated.

thanks!

2. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    From what I know of they are VERY expensive so I'm quite sure you wont find an awful lot of guys here with these as I believe they start out at around $9000 and go up as far as $16,000 give or take. Prince owns quite a few of them, guitars and basses and of you get the movie "Graffiti Bridge" the bassist in his group uses one through the entire film.