Auralex Gramma with Aggie/Eden rig?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassplayer7770, Feb 6, 2004.

1. I've read your praises of the Gramma, but will one work fine under my Eden WT400 head going through two Aguilar GS112 cabs? The cabs are 3" deeper than the Gramma, but the Gramma is wider than the Aggies. I appreciate your help. :)
  2. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    the gramma pad works great for those boomy rooms, and especially for those stages that are hollow, and send that blanketing BLEH into the room.

dont worry about the fit. it'll still work fine. its mostly about the decoupling from the floor.
  3. Most excellent. Thanks very much. I'll try to post here when I do finally get one and share my impressions.
  4. jdombrow

jdombrow Supporting Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Where's the best place to order them online?
  5. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    i got mine from MF.
  6. I use two Berg 112 and would not leave home without my Gramma Pad. Your Aggies should be just fine. I ordered my first one through Sweetwater and paid like $50.00, but I found one at a local music store for $36.00. GC sells them for $49.00 I know it's expensive but as I said they are fantastic!
  7. I just re-read your post. You stated under your Eden head...
    Just so happens I bought my first one to "decouple" my amp rig from the top of my cab. I had a Bergantino HT322 (nice cab, not for me) and it had so much booty it made my amp rig vibrate sort of ugly. The Gramma worked swell for that too. If you record make sure you bring a couple of them if the studio doesn't have them.
  8. KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    I have a Gramma under my two aggie GS112s and it works great. no worries on the "overhang"
  9. Actually, I didn't mean it that way, but thanks. I just meant that all that gear will be stacked on top of one Gramma.

Thanks for all the helpful responses, everybody. :)
  10. inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    hey, pro sound in the springs has a good price on the pad. Alot better than GC. You could even get them to go a bit lower.
  11. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I've used mine under three setups; 2 EA VL-110s, a Bag End 2-10 and 1-15 and a Nahas 1-12 and 1-15, plus amplification. Works great. Should be fine under yours.

Got it at GC at a great price.
  12. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I picked up a Gramma to use under my cabs (and I will probably be getting a second one). However, since some of my cabs (T-112, T-110UL, Wizzy) have a top mounted handle, I also picked up a set of their Mo-Pads (monitor isolation pads), which I used to stradle the top handle and let me head (Walkabout or iAMP 800) sit on top without getting scratched up on the bottom. This setup would also take care of vibration/isolation issues, and would probably look better than a Gramma on top. Also, even though the shot on the website shows the Mo-Pads as placing the monitors on an angle, they also come with an insert that keeps everything level, which is how I use them.

13. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    I swear by 'em. I use mine both to isolate the amp (usually a WWUltra) or under cabs to tighten up the sound in a boomy room. Wouldn't make the gig without the Gramma. In my main rig (WWU into Berg 322), I sit the amp on top of the pad which sits on top of the cab. I normally use the casters on the 322. Sonic nirvana...for me.
  14. Thanks a lot for all the replies. I won one on eBay, so I should have one soon. I'll give you my impressions at some point thereafter.
  15. I used my Gramma for the first time at a gig on Friday night. I was very pleased with the outcome. My rig wasn't boomy. I could actually hear my basslines (as could my drummer). Now I just need to EQ properly, etc.

Thanks for your input! :)