Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by merlin, Mar 24, 2003.

1. OI OI OI....!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What a game.. batting practice really...

:D:D

Merls

2. jumps

jumps

Jul 28, 2002
    Singapore
    yea yea yea!!!

I used to study and work downunder.

Cricket World Cup champs, mate!!!

But I bet the folks in US don't even have a clue abt the game.

3. I reckon a few on here would do though, Many of us Australians are very patriotic and are always crapping on about something or other.... hehe

Merls

4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Ozzy? ;)

5. Well done Aussie...though I can't remember any other tournament when the outcome was in so little doubt so long before it even started!

6. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    If the Aussies thought that way, the Indians would have smashed us. That's the beauty of sport, anything can happen.

But if we didn't win this world cup, it would have been on of the greatest sports injustices ever.

Has anyone ever gone through a World cup undefeated before?

7. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Listening to the news last week, a US General (ret.) said he was glad Australia was in the coalition because Aussies kick serious butt on the battlefield, too.

8. oi oi oi!

Australia's the best cricketing team in the world at the moment; and so we should be, we've won the Ashes series about eight times in a row, and now we've gonged back-to-back (?) World Cups. (Question point, seeing as I can't remember if we've won three in a row).

I met Mark Taylor once at the cricket when the VB Series was in South Australia. I had bright green/yellow hair, so maybe that's why he was staring at me...

(Wonders if Merls went to that game... hmm)

:bassist: Nathaniel.

9. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Nearly but not quite. Sri Lanka beat us in the Final in 1995-6. How can you forget that? They weren't even supposed to make the semi's but surprised everybody.

10. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Stupid question, but I dont follow cricket at all.

How many world class teams are there, I only ever hear of 3?

11. There are 10 test playing (and therefore first-class) nations (lemme see if I can remember them...):

Australia
    England
    India
    Sri Lanka
    Bangladesh
    Zimbabwe
    New Zealand
    South Africa
    Pakistan
    West Indies

12. Goldie Hawn: "Mr. Peter Sellers, how do you play Cricket?

Peter Sellers: "Well, Goldie darling, it's very hard to sum up in a few words. It involves 11 Fieldmen, 2 batsmen, and a bowler. Now the job of the bowler is to throw the ball into the wickets. The batsmens job is to leg or forward drive the ball thrown by the bowler, depending on if he is a fast or slow bowler, out of the way. The 2 batsmen then run back and forth, like this, until the fieldmen throw the ball, and either hit the batsmen, or the wickets. That's pretty much how Cricket is played."

Goldie Hawn: "Hmm. You, that's funny, cause that's how we elect the president."

Peter Sellers: "I've never played that one before."

:D Laugh-Ins, circa 1965

Rock on
    Eric:bassist:

13. I have to say well done Australia. For once in the tournament you actually played somewhere near your potential ;)

14. I didnt go to any one day matches this year. Went to the Test tho! My brother was at the One day match, blowing a whistle. His group were paying out some fat dude who thought he was Boonie lol!

Merls

15. why would u pay out boonie?

I don't think we even played to our potential-at least batting wise- I would be scared to see them play to their potential.

Congrats to India for at least having a real crack at getting the total.

16. I was dissapointed to see Tendulkar bat so irresponsibly in the first over, but at least Sehwag and co tried.

17. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    It's all about the Weet-Bix. WARNEEEEEEEEY! HUZZZZZAAAAAAH!

18. ahem setting the record for the most amount of beer consumed on one flight to england has to be something to laugh at surely!

Merls

19. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I have it on good authority that as Merlin said that, he was chewing gum, wearing flares, and adjusted his crotch. It's true I tells ya.

20. the gum is to keep my mouth fresh and nice smelling.. the flares... well my other pants were in the wash and after the last fine i figured i should wear something.... and the adjustment was necessary to relieve discomfort...... :p

Merls