Aussie Bassmakers

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PilbaraBass, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Other than Belman, are there any Australian bass makers. I did a search before and it came up pretty bare.
  2. primus_55

Dec 28, 2004
    Ivan Matchoss from sydney makes basses i think.

Thats all i can think of.

Yes we do have limited luthiers
  3. Futurebass

Jun 22, 2005
    Maton used to make great basses and word has it they are going to start again.
  4. Yeah, I caught Heath's thread...I'd also like to see what Cole Clark has to offer, as well.
  5. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Neil Kennedy in Melbourne.

Here's mine:
  6. primus_55

Dec 28, 2004
    wow mark! thats beautiful!

Any more pics?
  7. jow83

Jun 3, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    thanks one hot bass, and australian hot basses are way hotter... any links dude?
  8. Ancient thread I know, sorry, but this HAS to be addressed! If any one's had any direct experience with any Australian bass luthiers I'd be very interested in hearing from you.

Gecko Guitars - hands down the best sounding open B strings I've ever heard - high on the GAS list, a 35" scale Red Neck series 5 string with interchangeable fretless neck. Frank is an awesome guy too.

Rizzolo Guitars
    Noyce Guitars
    Gilet Guitars - awesome sounding acoustic bass.
    and just for completeness, Belman Guitars.
  9. adge

Jun 8, 2006
    sydney, australia
    Rick Miruzzi makes beautiful (sounding and looking) basses. He only does 5 and up strings, and infact i think he may have even stopped building. i know the bass player in sydney has one new and one used for sale, if you're in sydney give them a buzz!
  10. RikBass

Nov 15, 2006
    Perth Australia
    Sounds like you are from WA.
    I am also from WA and I have a bass made by Rob Formentin who owns a couple of Guitar Worlds down in perth.
    my bass is awesome. Solid Sheoak body, figured rock maple neck, badassII, dimarzio P&J's, Gotoh machine heads and sounds and plays oustanding.
    for what i paid ( less than a standard american fender P or J Bass ) it is incredible value and quality and makes stock fenders look a bit pale.
    i have also played several other Formentins and they were all very nice and playable. And of course you can get exactly what you want.
    Also have a look at Perry Ormsby of Ormsby guitars.
    He is making some world beating gear and makes basses.
    Rock on.

Custom made Aussie gear beats factory made production line stuff every time.
  11. A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Sinny, Oztraya
    Charles Cilia (of the band Jerk) also makes guitars, and I beleive basses. Contact details here