Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

aussie ebay find

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FederalFUNK, Sep 22, 2005.

1. FederalFUNK

FederalFUNK

Jan 12, 2005
  2. mikeboth

mikeboth The last thing you'll ever see

Jun 14, 2002
    Tallinn, Estonia
    Operator: prophecysound systems
    My knowledge is a little hazy - is this one of 'the' Arias that were handmade or one of the cheapie mass-production ones????

Still five days to go, plenty of time for the price to go up. It's only a steal if you can bid such a cheap price 10 seconds before the auction close (my preferred technique - nervewracking but fun!)

3. FederalFUNK

FederalFUNK

Jan 12, 2005
    i dunno but there pretty rare as hell and i suspect that most ppl that shop ebay wont know what it is lest if its any good plus it looks killer doubt if another one would pop up anytime in the next decade or so lol :p

4. FireAarro

FireAarro

Aug 8, 2004
    austr-
    There's also a Lakland Skyline 55-02 there going for pretty damn cheap.

5. Stox

Stox

Mar 18, 2005
    London UK
    That looks like a late 70's early 80's Aria SB1000 and at the price its a steal, someone is gonna be VERY happy

6. The Hammer

The Hammer

Jul 13, 2004
    that is an early 80's SB1000. they usually go for $1000-1200 on US eBay. If the electronics haven't fried (which was a problem with the early SB1000's) then that is a steal.

7. Stox

Stox

Mar 18, 2005
    London UK
    Yup that was my first bass, it was great, superbly built and a pleasure to play. Great range of tones even though it was only a single p/up. I still kick myself for ever selling it...

8. mikeboth

Jun 14, 2002
    Tallinn, Estonia
    Hmmm ... :ninja:

9. What's the conversion AU$ to US$?

10. mikeboth

Jun 14, 2002
    Tallinn, Estonia
  11. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Don't forget the cost of shipping.

The seller says "Sydney Metro pickup only" but if one of you overseas fellas really wants it and is happy to cover the costs, I can help out.

12. My boss got one of those for free - minus the pickup.

He refinished it and whacked in an EMG designed for a 6 string, fitted perfectly in the hole.

It's a great bass, love the heel, feels so comfy.