Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Aussie help needed with Ashdown MAG300

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by flexo, Aug 2, 2005.

1. flexo

flexo

May 3, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    Hey,

I've pretty much decided that i'm going to get an Ashdown MAG300 1x15 combo and i'm getting really confusing price quotes from guitar stores here in Perth.

As far as i know, at the moment it looks like you can only get the head in the MAG series which retails at $AU749. However, i was previously given a price (by music park) for the combo which retails at $AU849. The guy i dealt with at Kosmic today called the distributor and it sounds like the price i got from music park may have been for the electric blue 180 1x15 combo, though the guy said (and probably thought) it was for the MAG.

I'm just wondering if anyone here has actually bought a an Ashdown MAG (or even electric blue) combo or head and how much they paid for it out the door.

I initially thought i could get the MAG300 1x15 combo for $750 out the door from music park, but if the price is in fact for the electric blue i will have to rethink this.

2. flexo

flexo

May 3, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    el-bumpo

Please help me out if you can guys!

3. resol

resol Guest

Feb 21, 2005
    i was considering a mag300H with a mag410 deep cab - all up, they wanted $1200. the same store (Billy Hydes in Parramatta) had a mag300-210 combo for about $1150, but the guy said i cud get below a grand easy...
    but i'm thinking $750 is a tad TOO low for the 15" combo - it's probably for the electric blue - but then again, i could be wrong...:)

4. toddcotham

toddcotham

May 12, 2005
    Lubbock, TX
    I got my Mag300 head for about $270 U.S. However, it was a special that Avatar runs with their cabinets. I think the going rate is around $310 or so.

5. flexo

flexo

May 3, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    thanks for the replies guys.

Todd,

I'm actually trying to find the going price in Australia, since prices here are very different to the US prices you've quoted me. If i lived in the US i'd go for the avatar deal in heartbeat!

resol,

I've seen the prices at around $1000 before, but i thought that since they had moved manufacture to China, they might be a bit cheaper. I've just been checking out prices on music123 and the head goes for $299, while the 1x15 combo costs $429. I know the MAG heads retail for $895, so i'm guessing that the combos probably would be around the $1000 mark! :bawl:
    Dammit, they got my hopes up for nothing!

I think i may have to get a new MAG head and maybe a used cheap cab.

I would still like to see what some you fellow Aussies have paid for your Ashdown equipment you've bought, so i can have a point of comparison!