1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Australia: '93 Orville by Gibson Thunderbird plus custom fitted aluminium flight case

Discussion in 'For Sale: Europe & International' started by Aussie Mark, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Aussie Mark

Aussie Mark I come from a land down under

Oct 26, 2002
    Sydney, Oz
    Endorsing Artist: Fender; O'Neill Amps; Cave Passive Pedals
    Orville were Gibson's brand in Japan in the 80s and 90s, and the high spec "Orville by Gibson" models featured Gibson USA pickups. These set neck basses are regarded as the equal of 70's Gibby Thunderbirds, at a fraction of the price - Google and see for yourself.

This particular bass was made in '93 and is in very good condition. There are a few finish chips on the edges of the body, but otherwise she is in great playable condition. Absolutely no issues, and weighs a nice and light 8lbs.

The aluminium flight case was custom made by Roadcat Cases to fit this bass, and will survive a nuclear attack.

Located in Sydney.

Price = AUD$1299 + shipping, which should be around $60-$80 Australia wide

obird.
    obirdbody.
    obirdbodyback.
    obirdbridge.
    obirdhead.

2. Aussie Mark

Oct 26, 2002
    Sydney, Oz
    bump before it goes to eBay this weekend. If you have any interest, that gives you a couple of days to get in touch with me.

3. Aussie Mark

Oct 26, 2002
    Sydney, Oz
    Gone to eBay. Starting bidding at AUD$999

4. Johnny Crab

Johnny Crab ACME,QSC,Fame/Hondo/Greco/HELIX user & BOSE Abuser Gold Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2004
    South Texas
    Thanks for putting this here Mark.

I've got one very similar that was about to hit eBay but I would NOT compete such an item against a long-time friend so I would've pulled my ad if we were competitors. I will watch yours so subtract 1 from your "Watching" counter as I'm not a buyer right now(3rd son going to college). You should do OK but the world econ is such that it's a Buyer's market.

Best of luck from south Texas,
    JC

5. Aussie Mark

Oct 26, 2002
    Sydney, Oz
    Thanks Johnny, I'm not sure our auctions would be competitors, as the shipping cost from Australia to Texas or vice versa would count out an international bidder these days. Neck off shipping is still very cost-effective, but shipping Gibbies and other set neck basses in heavy road cases internationally costs $300-$500 in these days of fuel surcharges and postal size restrictions.

Best of luck for your auction when you list it.

6. Lewy

Lewy

Sep 28, 2008
    Hi. Johnny Crab, what kind of Thunderbird do you have for sale and for how much? Can you post pics?

7. Aussie Mark

Oct 26, 2002
    Sydney, Oz
    This one now has bids on eBay, so consider it SOLD