Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Australian based musos…

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by 1964, Apr 27, 2003.

1. 1964

Mar 26, 2002
    Too Close To Hell
    I am trying to prepare a fallback tour strategy for a dynamic country-rock artist I’m representing who will be featuring at the Mildura Festival (Sep 26 – Oct 6).

We have recently contacted the event organisers and various agents that have been recommended to us, but as yet we haven’t got any feedback, and therefore made no bookings.

So, while we’re following through with those folks, I’d like to develop a list of events (such as, wine and food festivals, rodeos, fairs, carnivals, etc) that might be happening in October, as well as a list of country music associations and good paying venues, in the general vicinity of Mildura in Victoria, NSW, or SA.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, as potentially organising a tour of such parts of rural Australia without any local knowledge is something I don’t look forward to!

2. PICK

PICK

Jan 27, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    I dont know exactly what would be happening in October but you should probably see if you can find out if anything is happening in TAMWORTH (Australia's answer to " Nashville"). They have a country music festival there every year but im not sure when it is exactly. Hope that was a little help to you.

3. 1964

Mar 26, 2002
    Too Close To Hell
    Cheers, mate. Yeah, unfortunately for us the Tamworth Festival is each January.

I'm thinking more of wine and food festivals, or other big local events, which don’t seem to feature on the country music calendars.

4. For wine events etc, check out The Barossa Valley and Mclaren Vale areas here in Adelaide. Erm Glenelg and Semaphore often have bands playing.

Adelaide sucks... why come here?

:D:D

Merls

5. Here at Newcastle, they often have people playing at the wineries like Bimbadgen(sp?) Estate, you could try contacting Hunter Tourism and finding out about the days these things are on.

Bassis

6. Do you know if they still have jazz on Sundays at Glenelg or was that just a summer thing?

I agree, Adelaide sucks. :meh:

7. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    You bring your boot-scootin' bullsh*t into my lovely Victoria and I'll be incredibly upset. Natch.

8. 1964

Mar 26, 2002
    Too Close To Hell
    Huh? :confused: Victoria hosts the Mildura Country Music Festival every year! :meh:

9. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    .... and only YOU can stop it, young padawan learner.

10. I am not sure if they still put jazz on during winter... or if they do it on sundays fullstop.

And Adelaide sucks so much Glenelg can be spelt backwards and sound the same.... DURRRLLL

:D:D

Merls