1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Australian Bass Fest

Discussion in 'Social Events and Get Togethers [BG]' started by humpy thumb, Jun 4, 2007.

1. humpy thumb

humpy thumb

Jul 23, 2005
    Sydney Australia
    Warwick bass forum moderator.
    Dominant Music Australia, Warwick Germany and MixDown are proud to present the Warwick 25th Anniversary Bass Festival.

Whilst being a celebration of Warwick’s 25th anniversary, this event is about more then that. Its aim is to provide world class events for the Australian bass playing community who are often starved of such opportunities.

In line with our policy of giving back to the bass playing community, we are taking this event Australia wide and offering something for everyone. An opportunity to experience bass workshops by top Australian & international bassists, Australia's first ever bass day concert and a massive expo of Warwick Basses and other bass products. There will also be huge savings on bass products and giveaways.

Thanks for taking the time to visit, we look forward to seeing you at one of the events.

http://www.warwickbass.com.au
    For full details.
    Dominant_myspaceimage.jpg

2. are they coming to perth? i tried to look on their website and found nothing about the venues

edit: oh found it! :D

3. Oh sweet, thanks for this! I'll try and take work off for it, this sounds sweet!

4. slaerts

slaerts

Aug 3, 2006
    I'm thinking of driving to the Sydney workshop from Newcastle, I've never been to a bass workshop before. Any idea what will be happening there or what skill level will be required and what equipment I will need to bring along?

5. yo slaerts!
    will be good to see you there :)

You wont need to bring any gear along.
    It will be an instructional workshop where seth will be discussing and demonstrating technique, will play a few songs, demo some gear, answering questions etc etc.

There will be a small display of some new sexy basses as well as some accessories for sale (ie - discounted bass strings)

if you want to book for it.... visit this link:
    http://http://www.warwickbass.com.au/Tour/toursyd.htm

Cheers

6. So bummed I can't go :(

7. slaerts

slaerts

Aug 3, 2006
    OK , I'm signed up. Hope I see someone there...

8. Should be a hand up for the Brisbane workshop...

9. nice....thanks

10. slaerts

slaerts

Aug 3, 2006
    BIG + for Warwick, Dominant Music and Seth for a great night. It was certainly worth the drive from newcastle and getting lost several times and all the stress that goes with it to get there. I've gotta buy a navman.

Those bases are sexy... wish i could afford one.

Well worth the effort for anyone thinking of going to other cities to get to see Seth play, bass player or not.

11. there weren't many people showed up at perth's gig last night, but it was good. seth's songs were good, my non-bass-player mates were enjoying it also, they said his songs resembles john mayer's, but it's all good

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021