1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Australian power supplies

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by niftydog, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Hey gang, just found these tiny power supplies!
    [​IMG]

9VDC 500mA and just AUD$17.95.

Haven't tested them in an audio application yet, so I don't know if they have unacceptable hum, but they are tiny and light, and they'll happily fit next to each other on a power board.

Anyone wanna play guinea pig?!

2. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Nah, I don't think it'll work over here. But good luck to you. ;)

3. You know, Spanky, if you had a trade like carpentry or something you could move out here and get a job quick smart, and there's only three of four of us forumites who'd know who you are...

Food for thought!?

4. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    I don't speak the native language, though.

5. Me either...

6. mav

mav

Jun 10, 2003
    So what would that work on? Boss, BDDi, MXR???

7. Let us know how you go.
    Switchmode PS- unregulated (voltage is a little er... random) and unfiltered (may hum).
    But if it works I'll buy 6.

8. Yes, yes, yes. Anything that's 9VDC and equal to or less than 500mA - you can always rewire the plug for +ve or -ve polarity.

Switchmodes by definition are voltage regulated. Filtering is the unknown here as some are really well filtered and others are, well, crap!

Still need a guinea pig here, I don't need any more power supplies so I won't be testing them unless a specific need drifts my way.

9. sorry I got my eyes on getting the Gator G bus 8 so I dont have to test or play with lots of these things :)

10. Interesting. I'll probably get one for my DIY projects in that case. I always put big fat filter caps in anyway due to my huge pile of crappy power supplies.