1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Australian Sadowsky Fans....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mr_Dave, Apr 6, 2006.

1. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    Just letting anyone from melbourne know whos interested, basscentre just took there first shipment of 4 Sadowsky Metros:

2 Ultravintage - a 4 geddy style and a 5 marcus style
    and a MS5 in transparent white and an RS4 in '59 burst

I really dug them and i really liked the B on the 5s! of course i'm biased though. They also have vtcs they can fit if you want them...

Check them out if you can!

2. I bet you are frightened to tell the US members the price.:D

Sorry, I get a bit frustrated by the pricing discrepancies between the US and Australia. I can honestly say that the Bass Centre in Melbourne is great by Australian standards.

3. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    Yeah, basscentre do all they can i reckon to get there pricing right.

but from what i understand sadowsky fixes his pricing and the dealers stick with that, there is no discounting and no mark up... i'm not sure how that works but i bet the price will be very similar to what i paid for mine direct from sadowsky,give or take exchange rates/tax etc.

but stuff like mesa boogie seems to be fearfully expensive out here, like the walkabout head/cab from what i've seen.

4. If only he had them in, when I was there in February. I guess I will have to suffer for a little longer before I play a sadowsky.