Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

AUTHENTIC Fender pickguards

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Gregory, Dec 20, 2003.

1. Does anyone know where I can get these? I'd like to replace my pearl white P-bass pickguard with a black one with white outline. I think that would look great... but if at all possible I'd like an authentic Fender one... any ideas?

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Ebay has em sometimes.

3. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Our local stores generally stock Fender pickguards(or they can order one).
    In other words, this should not be a difficult find(unless you're like me; I've been looking for a black anodized P-bass pickguard for years. My '70s Schecter has one...dammit, someone used to make 'em).

Anyway, type in "fender bass pickguards" at www.google.com

4. www.pickguards.com make a black anodized pickguards for use with many guitars/basses including the P-bass.

5. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Thanks...I swear I visited there when I had the need.

6. ah thanks for the help fellas but now my problem is i can't find new enough ones that have the lil cutout for truss rod adjustment. i guess i could just cover it up but that would bother me... i guess im just weird like that. oh well no big deal... ill just keep it real wit the stock pearl white pickguard i got. classic.

7. Prahainspring

Prahainspring

Oct 22, 2002
    New Jersey
    I think you can send them a tracing and they'll cut out the part you need. I'm buying a pickguard from them in the not-so-distant-future.