1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Authenticity question

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by BallSpeaker, Oct 30, 2006.

1. BallSpeaker

BallSpeaker

Oct 30, 2006
    Can anyone tell me if this is an actual G&L ASAT bass body, the only markings are RGG in the neck pocket. The bridge is not G&L.
    [​IMG]
    Please help.

Thanks

2. coop

coop

Jun 22, 2002
    Oklahoma
    My guess, (and it's only a guess ) is no. That's not a G&L bridge for sure, and I don't see any marks where the old bridge would have been.
    If you can get a picture of the back, you should be able to tell very quickly. Most ASATs will have a 3 bolt neck attachment, the newer ones will have a 6 bolt.

I'm thinking this is probably a Warmoth "Custom T" http://www.warmoth.com/bass/bodies/custom_t.cfm

But as always, I reserve the right to be completely incorrect.

3. spideyjg

spideyjg

Mar 19, 2006
    San Diego
    As Coop said almost all ASATs had the three bolt neck up until about 6 months ago.

Maybe someone got one of those Warmoth bodies and dropped G&L pups and controls into it from some other model. The jack is wa non G&L also. I say a parts bass andthe auction doesn't claim this is a true ASAT if you read it carefully.

I'd call a dealer and price what a set of controls and pickups would cost. That IMHO is all that hunk 'o wood is worth. Especially with the "loose binding" he reports.

Jim

4. earlgray

earlgray

Jul 12, 2005
    Raleigh, NC
    Yeah, I saw this one. no way is it an ASAT -- or any kinda G&L body. My advice is to stay away from it unless you're a gambler. There's several real ASATs listed in eBay.