Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Auto refresh

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by superbassman2000, Feb 2, 2005.

1. would it be hard to get TB to automatically reload every 5-10 minutes when inactive? you know, like if i left the TB page up while doing something else, could it reload in case a pm arrives, or i am waiting for a reply?

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Along these same lines, is there a way to keep my cookies from getting reset if I am inactive for more than 15 minutes? Sometimes I will browse Talkbass at work, and then get pulled away for a few minutes, and next thing you know, all the threads are marked as 'read'.:(

3. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    To solve this problem, look into Opera, it has a built in "auto refresh" feature, and all-in-all is a great browser. And you can access all your e-mail with it as well, no external program needed, and it'll auto check for new mails as often as you like.
    Just my $.02

Ray

4. PunkerTrav

PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    For Firefox users, I'm pretty sure i saw an auto-refresh plugin available for download on the Mozilla site.

5. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    I forgot about that, but I'm pretty certain as well that you can download the plugin... maybe it even comes with the new version.

Ray

6. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    +1,000