Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Auto Wah or Crybaby?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ZuluFunk, Sep 16, 2001.

1. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    I tried both. I like the contol of the pedal but then I'm stuck in one spot.

Anyone use either?

2. I SAY ENVELOPE FILTER, A bigger name for auto wah (depends on how you use it), They're allot more tweakable and funky...

3. For bass I prefer the autowah/envelope filter. I have a hard time keeping up with my playing if I use a regular wah.

BTW, for bass wah pedal the Teese RMC-3 is the way to go. Great versatility, true bypass, great service from Geoffrey Teese.

I have the Teese Picture wah for guitar and needless to say, my guitar wah needs are set for life.:D

4. if you have to chose an auto wah or a crybaby get the crybaby... if you can afford a decent evelope filter go for that. Im still loving my moogerfooger, VERY FUNKY, but i also use my crybaby a lot too... usually with distortion (im weird, i put my distortion AFTER the wah but before the filter) and then i usually hold the wah in one position while playing then slowly sweep it up or down on a scale... very cool sounds.