1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Autographed value...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by west*coast*bass, Apr 17, 2006.

1. west*coast*bass

west*coast*bass Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    Hey guys, do any of you have any idea what the value would be if I decided to part with my G&L1000 autographed by John Entwistle?

Just curious if there is some specific value or if it's more of a collectors piece for Entwistle fans only...

Any insight would be appreicated. I don't have any authentication. There is a sticker on the neck plate from a B.A.D.D. (Bikers Against Drunk Driving) rally that Entwistle played at and autographed the bass.

Thanks! Below are some pictures.

Ent1.

Ent2.

Ent3.

2. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

Not real sure. Looks real cool, though. I'm sure a Entwistle fan would love it. Try ebay. What the heck

Rob

3. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Normally, I think autographs detract from a basses value, but JE is a pretty special autograph. It's too bad you can't authenticate it, it may be worth some decent coin for sure.

4. west*coast*bass

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA

I am currently in the process of having the signature authenticated, if I have that there will hopefully be some additional value.

5. Not sure what the value would be but I would think you'd get more for it from a music memorabilia collector than from a bass collector. Try advertising in Goldmine Magazine--the most rabid record and memorabilia collectors go there.

6. high mileage

high mileage

Apr 17, 2006
    Rockford IL
    I agree, I think an Entwistle autograph is pretty much the exception.

7. west*coast*bass

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    Yeah, I agree. I'm not a fan of guitars being autographed but this one is different.

I am in the process of having the signature authenticated.

8. plexibass

plexibass

Jun 30, 2005
    unfortunatley or fortunatley however you look at it, je signed a tremendous amount of autographs. i have 15 myself so the value will be in the bass and not he auto. they go for about 50 on ebay.