1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Autolux - Turnstile Blues bassline

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by hananusmusic, Apr 11, 2010.

1. hananusmusic

hananusmusic

Oct 31, 2009
    Hey,

can anyone help me get a good setting for the turnstile blues bassline with this setup:

I'm using a gibson thunderbird into a Digitech XP100 (on the "up 2nd" setting; number 15 or 16, can't remember) and a bass big muff OR a regular big muff, and an old H&H V.S. bassamp.

anyone got a few tips to nail that soft fuzz sound off the song? It always ends up sounding too, well, fuzzy. :scowl:

I'm not a :ninja: tone thief :ninja: or whatever, I just wanna do the song justice when I'm jamming it with friends.

Cheers

2. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    If you could post a link to the song, it'd be way easier to help you nail the tone.

3. I'll be nice and help the OP.

4. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    That's an awesome drum sound at the beginning.

In regards to nailing that tone, it sounds pretty fuzzy and saturated, plus what sounds like the Oct-1 harmony setting (if the XP-100 has that, I know the WH4 does)... I think the "soft" part comes from the mix.

So, uh, turn down? :p

Also, usually we only direct people to searches if the topic's been beaten to death...

5. hananusmusic

hananusmusic

Oct 31, 2009

The setting I'm using just bends the note up two notes. If you watch what he's playing he uses the whammy to change notes in the main riff - six notes but he only plays three, if that makes sense:

you can see it good at 1:30-1:50.

the fuzz sound is really laid back, its hard to get that sound out of a big muff without it being too quiet/choked sounding for my liking. Any ideas for a good muff setting?:help:

Thanks to all!

6. I thought it was the 5th up/1 up setting on the xp100...

7. hananusmusic

hananusmusic

Oct 31, 2009
    I tried that setting out just now, I'm pretty sure it isn't (I'm probably wrong). If someone has a tab (using an XP100) it'd be much appreciated, the tabs going are godawful

8. I thought he used 5th/7th

9. hananusmusic

hananusmusic

Oct 31, 2009
    TABS??????

10. vegas532

vegas532

Nov 10, 2006
    Pensacola, FL.
    Sorry for the thread bump, but I was messing around with various pedals today and pretty much got it with an OCD and Whammy set to 4th up/5th up and a Swollen Pickle for the heavy fuzz part. ;)