1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Automotive Guys

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by karrot-x, May 9, 2006.

1. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Recommend me the SX equivalent to air compress, and air gun. I need to work on a SUV and a bike so the most adaptive the better.

Thanks.

2. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    Spencerport, New York
    Cheap Basses can be modded, cheap tools can't. If you're even remotely serious about wanting an air compressor and air tools buy the good stuff right off the bat (not that you need Snap On, but Craftsman would be ideal).

As far as the compressor, avoid oil-free ones like the plague, and I wouldn't get anything less than 5 horsepower and 30 gallons. If you're doing any serious painting or running a die grinder or cutoff wheel for extended times, 5 horses and 60 gallons is the minimum I'd recommend.

As far as an impact wrench, an Ingersoll-Rand IR231 is all the gun you'll ever need.

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I can't agree more.

4. toytech

toytech

Mar 22, 2004
    San Leandro
    ditto, I also love my Makita 3/8" cordless impact, I don't know how I went 20 years without one as a pro. quiet, and I can use it inside a brand new lexus without dragging a dirty hose accross the cream colored leather.