1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Autumn Leaves Bass Line Transcription

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Fishbrain, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Fishbrain

Fishbrain

Dec 8, 2000
    England, Liverpool
    Endorsing Artist: Warwick Bass and Amp
  2. Very cool, thanx for sharing!
    Jeff

3. wrench45us

wrench45us

Aug 26, 2011
    the point about fear of repetition comes home to me. I also had this fear, but in the last couple of weeks I started working with Ed Fuqua's walking bass book as a balance to simultaneously working with Todd Johnson's more formal fixed fingering approach (don't ask why I do this, it just happens)

and...
    Mr Fuqua repeats notes quite a bit and in that repetition is not a lack of ideas, but musical phrases and dare I say it melodic snippets. Every walking book is a compromise of how much can be compresed into some pages, but of all the walking books I've worked with Mr Fuqua's has the most musical/melodic sensibility and much of that seems to come about through careful use of repeated notes to create phrases.

4. Fishbrain

Fishbrain

Dec 8, 2000
    England, Liverpool
    Endorsing Artist: Warwick Bass and Amp
    Yeah there's gotta be structure, same rules apply to most kind of music whether its a rock or funk bass line or a jazz solo!

I've heard a lot of good stuff about that book I'll have to check it out