Autumn Leaves

Discussion in 'Music [DB]' started by JazZ-A-LoT, Jun 6, 2003.

1. JazZ-A-LoT

Jan 5, 2003
    Hi I was wondering if anyone has the Autumn Leaves sheet music for Eb and Bb horns. I need it in the key of G minor, it's for my group I would greatly appreciate it.
  2. Joe Taylor

Joe Taylor

Dec 20, 2001
    Tracy CA
    You can find it almost any jazz fake book. Then do the arranging/transposing yourself-it's good for you.

I got a bass fake book it is in there in B flat as I recall.

3. lermgalieu

lermgalieu Supporting Member

Apr 27, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    yeah transpose it if you have to - that chord pattern is a useful one to drill into your brain. although for me the problem is usually my writing - i have poor penmanship, and even poorer music notation skills. i especailly can't draw rests...anyone got any tips on that?
  4. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    You can find the chord changes to many real book tunes here at this site, hosted by PALE SMURF, one of our BG brethren. Pretty cool site for a slabber, huh? It allows you to transpose the changes to just about any key you can think of. As far as the melodies go, if your horn players can't transpose the melody to "Autumn Leaves", now's the time to start. Good luck.
  5. Joe Taylor

Joe Taylor

Dec 20, 2001
    Tracy CA
    get a music writting program such as Noteworthy
    it only cost about $60 or so and works good.
    Let the comuter do the penmanship. And it will traspose for you to boot.
    It is not the best but it works good.
  6. Or you can use a compleatly illegal p2p proggy like Kazaa or limewire and download it for free. ;)
  7. sounds interesting, but I can't get the download to work on the above-named site. Am I doing something wrong, or do I need to register or something?
  8. This page has been tested with Internet Explorer 6, Netscape 7 and Opera 7 and seems to work
    If you're experiencing problems displaying the charts please contact us.

It works for me. It does say the above on the site. Hope it works for you. It has come in handy for me. A lot of Jazz recordings I like are not in the Real Book keys.