AV Basses in real!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ogar, Jun 28, 2004.

1. Gidday
    There has been some fuzz about AV basses made by Czech luthier Ales Vychodil, well I am the lucky owner of his latest creation. I wanted reasonable (budget sense) copy of Rob Allen and that's it! When compared to mp3 from Rob Allen page, this thing sounds incredibly similar, played through Warwick Quadruplet straight to headphones, even though it is strung with TI flats now (any tips, how to get those nylon La Bellas in central Europe?). Well, I do not have any sounclips yet, I am still learning how to play and I am lazy to record it too.
    Ok, here we go with pics (hopefully)

Good luck to everyone!

2. DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    Beautiful! I can see the Rob Allen basis for the design, but the bass definitely has a style all of its own. Now, if that bass was fretted, I'd be interested.

Can you say how much it cost?
  3. rusty

Mar 29, 2004
    Ooh... pretty!! Congrats!! :D You gonna write a review on it? ;)
  4. Mmm Carl Thompson wanna-be bass.

I bet it still sounds sweet though.
  5. No, but doesn't TI make a nylon core string as well, called something along the lines of "Acousticores" or similar?
    Sweet bass, btw. Can't wait for the promised soundclips. (Also, about how much was it? Please PM me)
  6. Thonk

Sep 14, 2003

You could give http://www.bassguitarstrings.us/ a try they have the nylon la bellas in stock an charge a flat $9.99 for shipping to europe

i just order some DBE GHS for my Sei im based in the UK and they arrived in just 4 days!

BTW Great looking bass as Kaz's says she's looking a little like a carl thompson very sweet
  7. Thanks, I may try to contact them.
  8. FaBu-

Jan 16, 2004
    I'm going to buy a bass from Ales soon, and I'm very glad that I found this topic, because I've been wondering if his basses are that good (btw I'm the guy who made that earlier "fuzz" ;) )