1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ava Adore Effects

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by igorot, Feb 5, 2006.

1. igorot

igorot

Feb 5, 2006
    What effect was used on that song by Smashing pumkins? I'm trying to replicate it using a synth and/or wah to no avail. Is it even possible to replicate that?

2. The bass on that song is clean, it's a synth that makes that "bow-wow" sound. I think if you work with a synth you can get pretty close to it. It just takes some time.

3. I used to play this song in a covers band (always good fun to play it) and used a wah with a bit of Big Muff blended in for some grit. I remember having to change the Q on the wah for that song so it was a real hard, quick wah, rather than the wide open, slower funky wah I usually have the Q set on.

4. igorot

igorot

Feb 5, 2006
    Can you recommend a good wah for bass? I'm a guitarist/vocalist filling in for our nowhere to be found bassist so the effects I was trying to use were for guitars. Someone recommended this wah (http://www.digitech.com/products/xseriesflash/SynthWah.html) to me and judging by the samples, I think I can atleast come up with a usable sound.

5. Dash Rantic

Dash Rantic

Nov 12, 2005
    Palo Alto, CA
    The Digitech Bass Synth Wah is good autowah/synth, but it sounds to me like you'll be wanting a regular wah-wah. For that, I've got a Dunlop 105q, I think that's what igorot was talking about too.

-Dash