Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ava Adore Effects

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by igorot, Feb 5, 2006.

1. igorot

igorot

Feb 5, 2006
    What effect was used on that song by Smashing pumkins? I'm trying to replicate it using a synth and/or wah to no avail. Is it even possible to replicate that?

2. The bass on that song is clean, it's a synth that makes that "bow-wow" sound. I think if you work with a synth you can get pretty close to it. It just takes some time.

3. I used to play this song in a covers band (always good fun to play it) and used a wah with a bit of Big Muff blended in for some grit. I remember having to change the Q on the wah for that song so it was a real hard, quick wah, rather than the wide open, slower funky wah I usually have the Q set on.

4. igorot

igorot

Feb 5, 2006
    Can you recommend a good wah for bass? I'm a guitarist/vocalist filling in for our nowhere to be found bassist so the effects I was trying to use were for guitars. Someone recommended this wah (http://www.digitech.com/products/xseriesflash/SynthWah.html) to me and judging by the samples, I think I can atleast come up with a usable sound.

5. Dash Rantic

Dash Rantic

Nov 12, 2005
    Palo Alto, CA
    The Digitech Bass Synth Wah is good autowah/synth, but it sounds to me like you'll be wanting a regular wah-wah. For that, I've got a Dunlop 105q, I think that's what igorot was talking about too.

-Dash