1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Avalon U5 or an FMR RNP as an alternative to a Millenia TD-1

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassplayer2106, Jun 24, 2007.

1. I love Anthony Jacksons sound, but Millenia products are a bit hard to come by here in the UK, and would work out very costly to import.

So my question is, which of the above would get me closer to the sound of the Milennia TD-1.

I'm using a series 2 Epifani UL310, but I may get an Acme low 2B later in the year.

2. bongomania

bongomania Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    All I know is you'll have hordes of people saying "get the U5" because it's what they are familiar with. Few bassists use the RNP -not that they shouldn't or anything, but it's uncommon.

3. chadds

chadds

Mar 18, 2000
    Some say the Glock is very similar. I found both to be very sterile and not to my taste. This is subjective. I like Hi Fi. The Glock and Millenia are well made. Is the Glock easy for you to get there?

4. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I tried out a U5 the other day, and think that while it's not as versatile as some other boxes out there, it's definitely got some cool tones. If you can live with minimal flexibility, the U5is hard to beat.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 15, 2021