Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Avalon U5 pre/DI, Crest LT1000 power amp

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Yamarc, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Yamarc

Yamarc Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Northville, MI
    AVALON U5- This thing is amazing! It sounds SO DEEP and so clean, especially when paired with my Crest power amp. This will make your bass sound so sweet, just check out the many reviews at www.talkbass.com It was bought new 1 month ago to keep as a backup for my Avalon U5. I am pleased to say that Avalons don't seem to need backups, my original one works without a hitch. I use it for both live and recording purposes; it was taken out of the box only once in order to inspect after it was shipped to me straight from Avalon. It comes with the rack ears (70 dollar value) and is priced about a hundred less than you could by both for anywhere else. It is, without question, the best I've heard my bass through. 500.00

CREST LT1000- This is the lightest (and newest) amp that Crest makes. If you have ever heard a Crest you would never go back to anything else! SO DEEP and loud. This baby pushes 1000 watts at 8 ohms and 1400 watts at 4 ohms, it can do more than handle a 2 ohm load so bring it on. It is in excellent condition, having never left my house in the three months after I bought it brand new. Listen to Stefan Lessard and many others to find out the benefits of such a great power amp! 400.00

Will consider cutting a package deal if you want both, I recommend it!!! Marc

2. Yamarc

Yamarc Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Northville, MI
    I have that here at my house. Only opened once- to inspect after shipping. I would check out www.avalondesign.com for any other info. this thing REALLY sounds good.

3. Yamarc

Yamarc Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Northville, MI
    I've got several people looking at it right now, so 500 is firm, allthough I will include shipping (and the rack ears). The headphone jack is the best I have ever heard, very accurate, warm, and full -even with cheaper headphones. The speaker input is an inout that you can run your existing setup (amp) into if you like the way that it colors your tone, I don't use it because I love the way the avalon sounds alone. Thanks ,Marc

4. Yamarc

Yamarc Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Northville, MI
    I have a real easy solution: If you are not interested then don't buy it...and don't waste my time posting about how you aren't going to. I don't go to your "for sale" ads and tell you how I'm not buying your stuff or how "overpriced" it is...do I? this is a good deal with the rack ears and shipping included take it or leave it. Marc

5. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    Sorry if i caused any harm. I was just trying to validate a fact which was questioned. Munji just got a rediculous deal. Yamarc, your price is definately fair.

6. JRBrown

JRBrown

Jun 21, 2000
    North Carolina
    Send me a pic of both items.

What's the package deal shipped to NC?

JB

7. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    is the avalon still available?