1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Avalon U5 Preamp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by John DeWitt, Sep 25, 2019.

1. John DeWitt

John DeWitt

Nov 17, 2009
    Sarasota, Florida
    Endorsing Artist, LaBella Strings
    Price:
    $450
    Avalon U5 Anniversary Edition DI/Preamp. Like new. $450 shipped priority/insured to the lower 48.

Avalon U5.JPG
    Avalon U5(2).JPG
    Avalon U5(3).JPG

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
    bmac314 and SirMjac28 like this.
  2. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    Sweet sounding DI can't go wrong with this one and the price is too good to pass up.

dewmusic likes this.
  3. GrooveWarrior

GrooveWarrior Supporting Member

Is this as good in front of an amp to color the sound as it is as a DI?

4. John DeWitt

John DeWitt

Nov 17, 2009
    Sarasota, Florida
    Endorsing Artist, LaBella Strings
    I think most players and studios use the Avalon primarily to enhance the sound. For me, the DI function was a bonus.

5. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Oh yes. With a passive Fender the first three tone positions are like Hit Bass Sound 1, Hit Bass Sound 2, Hit Bass Sound 3... I use the hi cut as well. Sit in the mix or build a mix around it... your choice.

Yep. I’m a fan... also digging the classy black cosmetics... makes my silver U5 look gaudy ;-)

dewmusic likes this.
  6. gravesbass

gravesbass Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2006
    San Jose, CA
    Endorsing Artist: DarkglassElectronics-MesaBoogie-SpectorBass-Dunlop-EMG Pickups-Hipshot
    Amazing DI... and the black anniversary models don’t come up used very often
    Very fair price

dewmusic likes this.
  7. bassjamn

bassjamn Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Colorado
    Sending PM

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 14, 2021