1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have to acquire some new gear for a new project I am getting involved in so I have decided to let go of my trusty U5. This baby has served me well for quite some time in the studio and on the road & it has what I would call "signs of use". I will give my most honest description to go along with the photos below, please do not be scared the unit works 100%, I just don't want anybody to be surprised so here it goes:

It is missing a screw on the top of the case & has some superficial scratches on top from loose cables in the rack it was in while being transported around, it was however always kept in a padded case or shock rack during it's travels. The upper right corner has a "bonk" mark, I honestly have no clue how it got there and it is purely cosmetic (look at photo below). The rack ears are included but I have no idea where the screws to mount them are, this is easily fixed with a trip to the hardware store if you choose to rack it up, if not sell the ears on ebay (they list for a whopping $80 on Avalon's site). I never got another set of screws because the unit spent the last 2 years on a desk in my studio.

gear004.
    gear007.
    gear006.

So if you can look past all the minor surfacy stuff and see the inner beauty of this U5 I would like to get $375 shipped to the lower 48 states via insured priority mail.

Thanks!

2. macboy

macboy

Jan 21, 2008
    usa
    pm sent!

3. azwhofan

azwhofan Supporting Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Arizona
    2nd in line ... I hope ....

4. omg this price is untouchable! someone snatch it up