Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by the feebler elf, Apr 28, 2005.

1. Alright, I am aware that the Avatar threads have been done to the fiery furnace and back, but i've tried a search, and I can't find the exact information I'm looking for.

I currently own an Avatar 210, and I have no complaints, but I may be getting a gig with a hardcore outfit soon, and my 210 just isn't going to cut it. I'm looking into a 212 or a 115 to stack it on top of. I need articulation and low-end, and I want to know if the Avatar 15 is fast enough to keep plenty of clarity to my sound. Many players here are advocates for 12's as a replacement for 15's, but can they really provide low-end comparable to a 15? I'd appreciate any information you could give me. Thanks.

Edit - I think I should as specific as possible, so as to avoid wasting anybody's time. I know there are plenty of quick 15's out there, I have played some of them.....I'm wondering about the Avatar 15, and how it compares to the Avatar 212.
  2. fretlessrock

fretlessrock Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2002
    I had the 210 and the 115 as a stack and together they sounded good. The 15 on its own wasn't great solo's but did well with the band. Clarity... yes, plenty of midrange, but I wouldn't call it especially clear. The idea would be that the 210 would give you more of the clarity and the 115 or 212 would carry more of the lows and low mids.

I think that the 212 would make a better stack with the 210, but never had a chance to test that.
  3. I have both the B115 and the b212. IMO the B115 goes slightly lower and has more upper mids. The B212 has a much quicker response, better clarity, and all the low end I would ever want.
  4. konfishily

Jan 24, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
    there are like 5000 more threads about this same topic
  5. remo

Jan 15, 2005
    +1 B212 my rig is 210PRO and B212 heaps of volume and bottom

go for it!
  6. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    The B210 and B212 sound wonderful together...