Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Gabu, Dec 6, 2002.

1. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    These cabs look really good. They stack easily, and seem to me to be very well built. They each have a handle on top and carry very easily, weighing in at around 40lbs.

I did some sound testing with an Ampeg SVT400T, all flat, and a Mexican Jazz Deluxe, also all flat.

I first played the 15c by itself, bridging 400w into the 8 ohm cab. It sounded very cool. Lots of deep, articulate tone. It was very enjoyable.

I forgot to play the 12 by itself, through my SVT, doh! It's too late now though...

I then plugged in the 12, and the 15c, each getting one side of my amp. It sends 200w to a 4 ohm load, so each cab was probably getting about 100w. Now the sound was more punchy. It was really articulate, as before... but the high mids and highs were all in place. One problem was that it seemed more subtle than before... not projecting as much. I am guessing that this was because, athough there were two speakers now, each was getting 1/4 of the wattage that the 15c got the first time.

So, time to break out the DCM1000. The extra power seemed to really help. These cabinets really do sing with enough juice. I am thinking that this means about at least 200 watts per cabinet, and in a perfect world, 400!

It seems the 15c by itself is acceptable to me, as I like to play very bassy. But The two together really do create a tone that is awesome across the spectrum.

Here are some sound samples. I just recorded them with a tape recorded, so they are not great... But at least you can get some idea. :D

2. Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    I was listenin' and before I knew it I was bobbin' my head and tappin' my feet........hehehe. Inspiration to start playing at 7am.

Av's sound good.......ordering mine this week.
  3. Intrepid

Oct 15, 2001
    Are you playing Girl From Ipanema or something? I kind of recognize the chord changes...maybe Blue Bossa?
  4. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Blue Bossa. :)
  5. TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    you will not be dissapointed...