Avatar 210/112 combo users - why do you like this setup?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fourstringbliss, May 31, 2005.

1. I'm trying to decide what cabinets to use with my 300w amp. I have a 5-string but will probably be trading for a 4-string so low B isn't really a consideration. I have thought about a 212/210 combo, but that lacks a bit in portability, so I am thinking about an Avatar 210/112 combo. If you use this setup what do you like about it and how loud does it get (as compared to a single 4 0hm 212 or 210)?
  2. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I like my 2x10/1x12 stack because I can basically get the same sound/loudness out of the 1x12 as if I had a 1x15 which I did own and got rid of due to portability/weight issues! I use a 500w amp in a Top40/dance band and I have plenty of volume. I barely have the volume past 4 or 5 in my loudest situations and average setting is at 3! Speakers have gotten a whole lot more efficient these days that unless you're gigging without PA support would you have a need for a wall of cabs or even just 2x15 or 4x10/1x15 or 8x10/6x10, etc. Honestly, there's no need to be that loud!
  3. Robear22

Robear22 Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Beach Park, Ill
    Here is a pic of that very setup.

I like it because you have a lot of versatility. I can either use the 210 or 112 depending on the venue or size of gig. It is also easier to carry two smaller cabs than one big cab. The 112 is not enough for a huge gig by itself but with the 210 you cover a broader range. This 12 has plenty of bottom though and when I paired it with my 210 it just added the right amount of highs and lows in a compact package.