Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Avatar 210&115 KappaPro; Yorky XS800H

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by BuffaloBob4343, Nov 4, 2005.

1. BuffaloBob4343

BuffaloBob4343 Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    Hey all,

Revamping my rig for easier travel (my Dad has the Big C and lives in Buffalo, so I'll be doing lots of travel between Houston and Buffalo in the near future). I am modularizing my rig (i.e. "pre-amp will travel" with power amp/single cab solution in Houston and power amp with single cab solution in Buffalo).

I have a 210 Kappa Pro (2000 watts!) and a 115 Kappa Pro (600 watts) that are only 6 months old and the 115 even still has the hang tag on it. They've never been moved from their spot since I received and stacked them in my smoke free music loft where they've been logging easy practice time. They are both 8 ohm cabs, so they are ideal for stacking together or with another cab you already own.

I would love to do this local, but I can ship if you pay the shipping bill.

I paid $308 (210) and $311 (115) shipped for the cabs. Asking $175 each for them plus shipping and handling. SOLD

I will post some pics tomorrow.

The Yorky is really cool, but I took it with me to Buffalo once in a rack case, and it was not something I would want to do once or twice a month.

The Yorky is a hybrid, with a tube preamp and solid state power section that is rated for 800 watts into 4 ohms, 600 watts into 2 and 8 ohms. I have swapped out the original Sovtek tube (which I have saved and will include) for a Electroharmonix (I also have a spare one of these I will include), which I think improved the sound alot. You can also choose to bypass the tube for a solid state preamp as well. Has a an adjustable tube drive with a wet/dry mix adjust (clean vs. dirty); a scoop, a parametric EQ and bass, low mid, high mid and treble tone adjusts. Lot's of other goodies. The Yorky works great, and just has some rack rash on the left ear where it was screwed into the rack case. I will show in pictures that I will post tomorrow.

Still has about 18 months of Yorkville's famous 2 year transferable unlimited warranty (i.e. you can pour a beer down the thing and THEY will still fix it!).

Paid $640 for the amp new less than six months ago. Asking $350 plus shipping. SOLD (MO is in the mail)

2. snailplow

snailplow Leon Phelps Wanna Be

I sent you an email regarding the Yorkville.Consider it sold.

-Brett Rice

3. pgurns

pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL
    I sent you a PM if we can work out shipping consider both cabs sold

4. BuffaloBob4343

Jul 3, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    Email responded to Brett. Please add $30 for shipping and insurance to your MO.

Thanks!

RCS

5. BuffaloBob4343

Jul 3, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    PM responded to. Thanks!

6. BuffaloBob4343

Jul 3, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    I guess this may not be necessary at this point, but here is a pick of the rig.
    [​IMG]

7. snailplow

snailplow Leon Phelps Wanna Be

Bob,

Can you post a close up pic of the amp,with the rack rash on it,so I can see what it looks like?I'm ganna buy it anyway,but I'm just curious.

Thanks,
    -Brett

------------------------------------------------------------------

8. BuffaloBob4343

Jul 3, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    I need to take a pic and upload. Give me a few minutes.

RCS

9. BuffaloBob4343

Jul 3, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    OK, here are a few closeups and one from a few feet back. My guitarist was trying to help as I was packing to go to Buffalo. The bolts that came with the SKB didn't work because the ears of the amp are extra thick and so they weren't long enough. I went to Home Depot and told the guy I wanted longer versions of the same bolt.

The ones he sold me were just a hair too large in diamameter to fit the nut in the SKG. So my guitarist forced the bolt deep into the SKB before he decided maybe it wasn't going in all the way. At that point neither he (nor I) could back it out using the screwdriver. I had to grip the head of the bolt with a pair of pliers to unscrew it and in the process contacted the surface of the ear with the pliers.

Needless to say I've asked him to kindly permit me to handle my gear from now on! I suggested that perhaps he should let me handle his as well. LOL!

Anyway, it really isn't that visible and I haven't tried to smooth it with anything either.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Couldn't be bothered to put on a shirt when snapping the pics? :) If the sale falls through on that yorkville (and it doesn't sound like it will), be sure to let us know.

11. BuffaloBob4343

Jul 3, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    :bag: Oh Crap! That really is embarassing! :oops:

12. BuffaloBob4343

Jul 3, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    OK, PGURNS,

I don't know if you even received my PMs because my SENT box does contain any of my responses fr4om today, so just in case I am posting this to the others interested and inquiring about shipping:

My response is that I have done a bunch of estimating on the UPS web site and UPS ground to most places is $40-45 for the 115 so I'm going to just say $45 to be sure I'm covered.

On the 210, to most places shipping is $35, plus I need to buy a box ans some packing materials for that one, so I'm going to say $40 flat rate shipping for the 210.

It's alot easier to do it that way then do all the research for each individual because the difference is only a few bucks.

The shipping cost will include insurance up to the purchase price of the cab as well.

PGURNS, you have first dibs on the cabs, but please let me know ASAP if shipping is OK, because there are others inquiring. Thanks!

13. BuffaloBob4343

Jul 3, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    Brett, you have DIBS on the head, so please confirm with me ASAP, as I also have several people still interested.

Complex, I will let you know if Brett declines.

14. thestevo

thestevo

Aug 12, 2004
    NJ
    Is the 210 still available?

15. pgurns

pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL
    mine all mine :)

16. BuffaloBob4343

Jul 3, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    The Yorky is SOLD, with MO in the mail. Thanks Brett!

17. Those pictures remind me of that eBay auction where the guy took pics of his guitar while he was naked. That thing was a legend! So was the auction :p

18. BuffaloBob4343

Jul 3, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    And so he was naked in the reflection of the guitar? That's awesome!!

I must confess, I was wearing only bikini briefs. :oops: :eek: Fortunately for all of us you can't see that! :rollno: :ninja:

19. McHaven

McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    i can't believe I missed that Yorkie

Damn...if anything falls through, let me know. I'd love a XS800H at that price.

20. BuffaloBob4343

Jul 3, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    She was priced to sell fast! Thanks for your interest but the check is in the mail on this one. ;)