Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Avatar 210 Kappa Pro- Any opinions?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by L-1329, May 14, 2005.

1. L-1329

L-1329

Aug 8, 2004
    Thinking about one of these but can't seem to find much about them from real users. Anyone play one? I am thinking about getting one to use with the B212 I have, but would also like to have a 210 that would sound nice and full on it's own. Any opinions on them?

2. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    I'm getting a rig like you're thinking about...only I'm going with the 210 NEO on top of a (soon to be released) 212 NEO.

The 210 Pro certainly has more capability to handle more wattage than the 210 NEO (1000 watts vs. 600), but it also has a smaller frequency response than the NEO (45Hz - 3kHz vs. 40Hz - 3.5kHz), is heavier by about 20 lbs, and has a shorter x-max (cone travel).

For my $, the NEO does more, and that's why I'm going with it over the Pro.

3. Masher88

Masher88 Believe in absurdities and you commit atrocities

May 7, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    I have an Avatar 2x10 Delta. It's can handle a bundle of wattage and sounds very punchy. Lows are nice, but not very deep, like a bigger cab, but it's just 2-10"s. I use it alone for smaller club gigs and I put a 4x10" Delta under it for bigger venues that I play. I play a 4 string, so a Low B isn't an issue. Hopes this info helps any.