1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Avatar 210 Kappa Pro- Any opinions?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by L-1329, May 14, 2005.

1. L-1329

L-1329

Aug 8, 2004
    Thinking about one of these but can't seem to find much about them from real users. Anyone play one? I am thinking about getting one to use with the B212 I have, but would also like to have a 210 that would sound nice and full on it's own. Any opinions on them?

2. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Jan 25, 2005
    Des Moines, IA
    I'm getting a rig like you're thinking about...only I'm going with the 210 NEO on top of a (soon to be released) 212 NEO.

The 210 Pro certainly has more capability to handle more wattage than the 210 NEO (1000 watts vs. 600), but it also has a smaller frequency response than the NEO (45Hz - 3kHz vs. 40Hz - 3.5kHz), is heavier by about 20 lbs, and has a shorter x-max (cone travel).

For my $, the NEO does more, and that's why I'm going with it over the Pro.

3. Masher88

Masher88 Believe in absurdities and you commit atrocities

May 7, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    I have an Avatar 2x10 Delta. It's can handle a bundle of wattage and sounds very punchy. Lows are nice, but not very deep, like a bigger cab, but it's just 2-10"s. I use it alone for smaller club gigs and I put a 4x10" Delta under it for bigger venues that I play. I play a 4 string, so a Low B isn't an issue. Hopes this info helps any.