Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by witness, Sep 16, 2002.

1. witness

witness Supporting Member

Jan 31, 2002
    Arizona
    I was just wondering if anybody can give a feedback comparison about these 2 cabs, which one would you get and why.

2. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    PDX
    I would get the Avatar 210. A lot of people on this forum, including me, have that cab and like it. I don't know a lot about the Madison cabs, but I'm kind of suspicious of them.

3. What he said, exactly.

4. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    I'd go with the Avatar... Dave uses quality materials and is a pleasure to buy from.

5. ...and what HE said, exactly!

6. witness

witness Supporting Member

Jan 31, 2002
    Arizona
    Can you get a good low frequency response from the Avatar 210?

7. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    PDX
    witness, it depends on how much low end you like, how much you like to turn up the bass, and what kind of rooms you're playing in. It's fine for what I do most of the time, though for larger rooms adding a 1x15 would be nice.

8. Agreed. I have the B115 as well, and I like to use them both for my usual old school R&B stuff. I use just the B210 at rehearsal, though, and there seems to be plenty of lows, even in a big room. I just like a thick low end, and the B115 gives it to me. The B210 gives me the punch.

Dave at Avatar is just really easy to deal with, too. Completely professional, and nice. I've bought the two bass cabs and PA cabs too, and every transaction has been glass-smooth. Everything always arrived promptly as promised and in superb shape. A great purchase experience, and the cabs have been just as good, if not better. I recommend them to everyone. Not just good cabs for the money -- good cabs, period.