1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JB696, May 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This morning there was a thread in the amps forum by a guy with an Avatar 212 who was having a problem because the cabinet was farting out. He thought that maybe he got a lemon. I've done a search on:

Avartar 212
    Avartar Lemon
    212 Lemon
    212 Fart

The thread doesn't come up on any of these searches. What in the heck happened to it. If anybody can come up with a link to this thread from this morning, that would be great. I'm curious to see how it came out.

2. CpTCrunch

CpTCrunch

May 11, 2011
    Earth Mostly.
    I never saw the thread but a site: search via google found what I think is the thread. Looks like it was deleted or moved.

At the bottom of page one n possibly page 2.
    Google

3. Just for a goof I went to the Avatar website to look at the 212's. The 212 Neo is, indeed, rated at 500 watts. It is the regular magnet 212 which is rated at 1000 watts. But I can't remember which cabinet the original poster in this mornings thread was complaining about. And since somebody took it upon themselves to delete his thread, we may never know. Maybe he will re-post his information in this thread before it gets deleted.

4. By Jove, I think it's gone!!

I posted in that thread and now, searching through my posts, it's gone too.

JB696...Was that you who wrote the tongue in cheek post in that thread regarding underpowering, and lucky nobody got hurt by flying bits of something?
    There were a couple members who apparently missed that that post was facetious, and I pointed it out to them.

Anyway, looks like it's all gone bye-bye. Wonder why?

5. Andrew311

Andrew311

Aug 13, 2009
    Hutchinson, MN
    Viva la revolution.

In b4 404

6. Does anyone remember which cabinet was farting out? Was it the regular one or the Neo. Are the Neo speakers more prone to farting? I hope not, as I just ordered a GK Neo cabinet. I sure hope I don't get stuck with a cabinet that farts, just to save a few pounds. :meh:

7. Plucky The Bassist

Plucky The Bassist ZOMG! I'm back from the dead! Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Houston, TX
    [​IMG]

Should clear that right up for ya ;)

8. mntngrown

mntngrown Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2007
    Santa Cruz Ca
    thank gods for the mods. Imagine sports without referees, umpires etc. Devolves into name calling, followed by tribal warfare.:smug:

9. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    the thread was deleted because the original poster was a previously banned (2x) user coming back under another nickname. the dude was likely full of crap, in the process.

if you want to discuss this topic, you're welcome to start another thread, minus the trolling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.