1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Avatar 212 neo $175, should I do it?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by amos, Dec 26, 2011.

1. amos

amos

Oct 23, 2003
    SE Portland Oregon
    Is there any money to be made here? I am looking to raise funds for an Avatar 410 neo.

2. Jimmy Stump

Jimmy Stump

Jan 27, 2010
    Canada
    I'm not sure I understand the question? You have one to sell or you want to buy one?

3. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Fusion Cats Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    OP wants to buy one and flip it.

4. Buy it, and buy another for a way better rig than the 4x10.

5. mikeddd

mikeddd

Nov 12, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
    For $175 (this is assuming there is no shipping or driving very far to get it, involved) I would go for it. I have an 8-ohm B212 and it's a very nice cab. Can't compete with my fEarful 15/6, but then again, what can? :D

Now, if you're looking at this purely as an investment with the intent to just "flip it" you might be disappointed. Resale value on Avatar cabs is on the low side, unless you wind up with the perfect set of circumstances on your side. I.E. you live in a location where the cost of shipping there is very high and there is a dearth of used gear stores.

Bottom Line: Nice cab if you intend on actually using it yourself. Not a good investment from a resale POV.

6. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Apr 9, 2009
    I’d rather have the 212 than the 410. Buy it and keep it at that price.

7. kraigo

kraigo

Jun 21, 2007
    Minneapolis, MN
    Yes, either way, buy it. The speakers alone are worth much more than that.

KO