1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Avatar 212 Neo, w/ Celestians, Red Tolex

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by dfp, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dfp

dfp

Sep 28, 2004
    USA
    SOLD!

yes, the one and only, as far as i know :smug: prototype 212 w/ Celestian NEOs, instead of the standard Eminence, rated as 600 watts at 4 ohms (the standard 212 being 500)... i got this cabinet from another TB'er, maybe you recall his recent sale thread, he was looking for a local buyer but i guess i $weet talked him into shipping to TN, now i've scratched the itch and i think this cab doesn't do it for me, but i think it is a great piece of gear and deserves a good home, plus it looks awesome! for my taste it wasn't as mid punchy as i would like, but then again i play a alder J bass w/ Fralins and DR Hi Beams, so i'm already running a sorta scooped tone from the get go... P Bass or Music Man users might really dig this cab...??? big sound, very full, capable of great upper grind if you dial it in...

Tolex is clean and "like new", photos available if you need 'em, but it really looks just like the pic on the Avatar site...

as a standard tolex model it would cost you 432$ shipped in the US, w/ the Celestians, i don't know, maybe more? anyone want to try it for 390$ shipped in the US (what i put into it)?

please PM if you have questions

thanks, Dave

2. bass4me

bass4me Supporting Member

Sep 12, 2007
    North AL
    pm sent

3. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    As the previous owner of this cab, it kills.

Loud, articulate, and kept up with a rock drummer without additional support.

This was the BEST 212 cab I have ever had the pleasure of playing or owning.

4. Mr. Pickles

Mr. Pickles Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Dutchess County, NY
    I want it. Do you accept Paypal?

I live in NY. What will you charge to ship?
    Thanks,
    Jon

5. Mr. Pickles

Mr. Pickles Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Dutchess County, NY
    I've heard rumor that this thing has been SOLD.;)

6. dfp

dfp

Sep 28, 2004
    USA
    Mr. Pickles your intelligence is reliable, the red tolex 212 is gone like a cool breeze.... enjoy!

SOLD!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.