Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by David Vega, Sep 12, 2005.

1. David Vega

David Vega

Aug 28, 2002
    Puerto Rico
    Ok GuyS this is it

Which one:

212LF: very good low end, a little midrange(dialed from the AMP EQ) good poer handling (1000watts)

410PRO: very good low end, good midrange, loud, good power handling

I am looking for a good low end, but cut through the MIX.

I am concern on the 410, that may require to crank the amp in order to get the sound

Any one with these two cabs, please provide feedback
    thanks
    DV

2. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Well I have not had exactly these two cabs, but two that were kinda close. I had the 4x10 Delta and a SB112 (1x12 Delta LF). The 4x10 did not go as low as the 12, but it was loud and punchie (very mid-rangish). If I had to pick any single Avatar cab right now, I'd do the 2x12 Neo. The Neo has better bass speakers design and specs according to the experts on here on TB and Dave has taken the already good Neo speaker and had Eminence extend the X-max considerably to make it an even better bass speaker. The Delta, Delta LF and Kappa that he uses are all "off the self" and not custom designed like the Neo that he uses. I'd go for the Neo!

3. David Vega

David Vega

Aug 28, 2002
    Puerto Rico
    My concern of the NEO is the power handling, 600watts vs 1000watts, I have a ST4PRO and this head is very power full.

4. protoz

protoz

Nov 30, 2000
    Iowa
    Unless you are running 1000w+ into one cab you shouldn't have to worry about that too much.

Maybe look into a 2x10+15 setup also

5. Quadzilla

From what I'm told, the 600 watts (300 each) is a pretty conservative number and it should be able to handle a good bit more. Most of us run higher wattage than our cabs can handle anyway... You'll be fine!

6. protoz

protoz

Nov 30, 2000
    Iowa
    I would rather have more clean headroom by over powering it than under driving it personally. It really doesn't matter as I power my 300watt 2x15 with an 80 watt tube head just fine as well as a 1200 watt monster in the same cab.

7. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    With that head the Kappa would be killer. I would get both cabinets just to be safe.

8. David Vega

David Vega

Aug 28, 2002
    Puerto Rico
    :) jejeje too much money for two cabs

9. David Vega

David Vega

Aug 28, 2002
    Puerto Rico
    and the shipping to Puerto Rico is killing me!!!

10. David Vega

David Vega

Aug 28, 2002
    Puerto Rico
    any other feedbacks?
    thanks
    :hyper:

11. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    all good feedback!!

Personally, I think a 212 is a better standalone cab than the 410..(more woof and less yelp) and for those on a budget, check out SteelSound. I thought they were cheap until I heard a 210 and 212 recently....I was impressed and when I asked the price I was floored. :eek: I thought I was getting an Avatar 212 Delta....

.......my SS212 will be here this week instead ($180 shipped, 1000 watts, 4 ohms, Madison Knight drivers) :hyper:

reviews coming later......stay tuned

12. David Vega

David Vega

Aug 28, 2002
    Puerto Rico
    well guys!! decision have been made:

B212LF

will let you know how behave with the SVT4PRO monster!! :cool:

13. David Vega

David Vega

Aug 28, 2002
    Puerto Rico
    :bawl: well!!, 212LF 4 ohm on back order!!

I will call on monday to change to a 410PRO :hyper: :D

14. David Vega

David Vega

Aug 28, 2002
    Puerto Rico
    :bawl: well!!, 212LF 4 ohm on back order!!

I will call on monday to change to a 410PRO :hyper: :D

keep you posted!!

15. I would wait it out for the 212LF. I have one and it's an awesome cab, although Im not sure how it stacks up to the 410Pro.

16. Quadzilla

I still think you should go for the Neo. Many speaker experts here in TB say that the Neo is more suited for bass reproudction than the Kappa or Delta LF...

17. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I am curious about this subject too. I am seriously considering getting a different rig--gonna sell off the Ampeg in favor of something lighter.

I have already decided on a head (Thunderfunk, based on reviews and sound clips because of no opportunity to actually try one around here).

I am still up in the air about cabs, but I don't want to go out and spend a ton of money on em. I only use cabs for onstage monitoring with a couple of the bands that I play with, I always run a direct line to the FOH out of my bass head.

I am very interested in Avatar's 212's. Probably the Delta series. But my question is this: Would 1 of the 212's be enough to get through on a fairly loud stage (two guitarists running 1/2 stacks, loud drummer, playing classic/80's/modern rock), or would I be better off getting two?? And would the Thunderfunk be able to power 2 of them effectively??

Sorry to derail the thread a bit, I just didn't feel like starting a new one when this one was already going. ;)

18. David Vega

David Vega

Aug 28, 2002
    Puerto Rico
    My only concern here is the punch and the loudness of this cab! I expect that this cab sound loud, low end response (by the specs at eminence this cab go LOW) and cut through the mix.

19. David Vega

David Vega

Aug 28, 2002
    Puerto Rico
    I ask Dave at Avatar regarding the custom Xmax for the NEO. This is only on the 10" size NEO, not the 12. The 12 is off the shelf. He explain that the NEO is lighter, and have a upper mid sound, but not as loud as the 212LF.