Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rusty Chainsaw, Aug 30, 2005.

1. Rusty Chainsaw

Rusty Chainsaw

Oct 15, 2002
    The Cronx
    I'm about to lay out for a pair of these, as recommended by Avatar themselves for the sound I'm after. Does anyone else have one of these cabs? What's your impressions? How about the weight? (I'm thinking of dragging them up the stairs to my 2nd floor apartment!)...

2. i recently purchased one, and have played it alot for the past 3 days. and yes, i am in canada. the service up here is just as great as across the borders is with dave.

now the cab itself came in a large cardboard box which fit in the back of my grandmoms toyota echo. topnotch packing was provided. the cab came in 100% condition, no complaints at all. when moving the thing in and out of the car, and down to the basement (no im not 30 and live with my mom, im 15) i was quiet surprised at the weight of this cab. very leight. the site says 65 pounds, which seems alot less when using the side handles.

so i plugged in my also brand new, yorkville xs800h. first impressions. TONS of power. never need to upgrade in reality. gas will get the better of me though. i cant turn the master past 5, its just too loud. im waiting for the police to show up with complaints though. now is where i will mention the cab is an 8ohm version, so im pumping the heads 600w@8ohms into the 600wRMS cab. perfect match. this setup is amazing. blows away everything else i've played. (svts, eden, gk, rbi+power etc)

the sound is great. the cab itself is very transparent, so i can hear the full sound of my head, and bass. the 212's do everything perfect. except the 20-24th frets on the G. they could be a little better, but nothing to complain about. i have the tweeter off aswell.

really, the only problem with this cab is that its too darn good.

anyother questions. post.

-Riley

3. BStringJerry

BStringJerry

Aug 5, 2005
    Texas
    I own an Avatar B212H Neo (& a B115H Neo) and I can't say anything bad about either one. They're loud and punchy, the 12's can do it all, from low to high.