Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by gamera, Sep 28, 2004.

1. gamera

Sep 20, 2004
    Gloucester, MA
    I am running a MAG300. Pushing it a bit with a Fender Precision.
  2. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Depends on the tone that you're going for. The B212 has better low end, warm upper mids and gobs of highs. The Delta 12LFs don't have the upper mid tone or punch of Delta 10s.

FWIW, I just sold my pair of B212s in favor of a pair of B210s and a pair of 1x15s...so far I'm quite happy.
  3. scraig

Apr 15, 2004
    Virginia Beach
    I came across a thread stating the B212's sound more like 15s than 10s. I am looking for a stage monitor rig and was thinking a B212 would be a good choice for a five string. Also considering B210 or 410. What is your opinion of the Avatar B212? Are the mid highs clean?
  4. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    I you're only going to be using one cabinet, I'd stick with a B212. If you can use two, I'd add a B210.

The 12s do sound more like 15s than 10s, without a doubt (which is probably why I don't miss the B212s). Are the upper mids clean? I'm not sure what you mean by that... Do you find the upper mids in an Avatar B210 clean? If so, then yes, they're just not as present as with the Delta 10s.

I had the opportunity to compare my current cabinet pairing (Avatar B210 with a 1x15 (EVM15B in an EV TL606 cabinet)) to some Acme B2s. While the Acme's had stronger lower lows, the EVM really held its own (to my ears) and I'd be very happy on stage with a 5 string and my cabinets. The thing about the Acmes that really caught my attention was how crystal clear they are tonally...the upper mids and highs from the Acmes midrange and tweeter were far cleaner (more definition, accuracy, less grit) than with Delta 10s and a Foster tweeter. HOWEVER, if the cabinets weren't next to each other for a direct A/B comparision, I would never complain about/criticize my cabinets for lack of clarity.