1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jdblaiz, Mar 7, 2010.

1. jdblaiz

jdblaiz

Jun 26, 2009
    scituate, ma
    For those fellow Avatar users (or non-users who may have suggestions) - I have an older (non-neo) Avatar 2X12 cab w/ horn. The horns appears to be dead (i've checked the connections and they are all connected solidly). SO - I love the cab and want to put a replacement horn/tweeter into it. The horn in there right now does not appear to have any brand name, says "made in china" and has the following printed on the back of the tweeter magnet: "25H27 8 OHM MUS150W 4H932C" SO, I need an 8ohm 150 watt replacement horn that will, of course, be able to fit in the avatar cab.
    Any experience out there? any suggestions? recommendations?? all welcomed and appreciated! thanks!!

2. From what I've read here, the avatar uses a cheap HF driver that doesn't have the most pleasing sound. Since you need to replace yours, you can do a little research and put a better one in.

3. Or mod it for use with a cone midrange and appropriate x-over.

4. jdblaiz

jdblaiz

Jun 26, 2009
    scituate, ma
    thanks, lbwdog:

Maybe I should clarify the original post: I'm not necessarily looking for the SAME horn to replace the original - I"m looking for suggestions, experience, etc on what horns others have used or have experience with that would work in this cab. thanks again.

5. xbassmanx

xbassmanx

Jul 29, 2007
  6. Blues Bass 2

Blues Bass 2 Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Davenport Iowa
    I've got a horn you can have that will work better . The standard horn is a Foster . PM sent

7. VTbassplayer

VTbassplayer Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2008
    Milwaukee, WI

What ended up being the verdict? The horn in my Avatar 2x12 is also having issues.

8. seedokebass

seedokebass

Mar 21, 2009
    Minnesota
    The tweeter in mine is toast too, and a mid range driver is where I've wanted to go. That and completely re-finishing the rat fur!

Thanks for the link xbassmanx!

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 23, 2020