Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by clutch81, Jan 6, 2003.

1. clutch81

clutch81

Apr 5, 2002
    Downtown LA
    Does anyone know how long these have been available? I just noticed it on their website this morning...

2. i cant find any bass 112's, only guitar. do you have a link?

3. Edit: 212, not 112

4. All of their prices went up! **** :eek: :mad: :eek:

5. fatrhino

fatrhino

Jan 2, 2000
    ooh... that would look nice under my new b410.

6. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Wow and all the other ones are now front ported (including the 1x15 and 2x10). Cool!!!!!

7. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    PDX
    To be fair, all their non-compact cabs have been converted to a shelf ported design, the 15's use higher quality speakers, and Eminence may have raised the prices on their speakers.

8. Fair enough

9. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Im temped to go ahead and grab one of these Avatar cabs as a temporary before I get my other Eden 210XST for bigger gigs.

One thing bothers me though. The specs for the Delta and Kappa are pretty different, and I cant imagine throwing two different speakers into the same cab and expecting it to work.

Anyone else nothered by this?

Peace
    Nick

10. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    having dealt with Dave several times, I think the best way to get an answer for that is to email or call him. Otherwise it might just be speculation. I would assume he's done his homework and figured out how to make those options work--he does similar stuff with his guitar cabs with various speaker options.
    the new stuff sure looks nice...kinda felt like the prices would jump after I got my 4x10 and realized it wasn't just a cheaply made cab...

11. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    The B212 must be new as of today or the past couple of days. I think that I visited the site over the weekend (probably yesterday) and the B112 was the only bass cab with a 12. GO DAVE!!!

As for using the same box for two different types of speakers... As Dave said in his ad copy, the different speakers have different response in the same cabinet. This shouldn't be a surprise. No reason to be leary and he works closely with Eminence when designing his cabinets.

Hey Nick Man, if you bought an Avatar, you might not want to get an Eden. I recently A/B'd my B112/C15 combo against an Eden D210XLT and the Eden came up way short. I was very surprised (as I went in figuring that I'd be buying some Edens (the guy was selling two) and walked out with only my Avatars and a big smile on my face).

12. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Well I gues Ill have to try them and see!

Peace
    Nick

13. Like I mentioned in the thread I started before I found this one (sorry about that) -

I'm seriously thinking about making the switch from Eden to Avatar now that the the 2x12" cabs are out. I spent some time with an Avatar 4x10" a couple weels back and was highly impressed with both tone and construction quality.

14. Oh, MAN!!! :mad: Does Dave want me to go into my pocket AGAIN??? :D

Well, I guess I know where my next paycheck is going. I can only hope that there are no small animals where I would play with a 4 ohm version running on one side of my QSC RMX850 and my 8 ohm B115 and B210 cabs running on the other. Their DNA would be rearranged in ways that we could only imagine (shudder)...

Some bar/bat mitzvah kid is in severe freakin' danger from this. Dave, take heed. It will be on YOUR head! ;)

15. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    anyone know the power handling on the new 212?

16. ihixulu

ihixulu Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2000
    getting warmer
    In response to BillyB's test:

Dare I point out that comparing a 1-12/1-15 set up to a 2-10 is hardly comparing apples to apples?

17. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
  18. neptoon asked...

anyone know the power handling on the new 212?

I just got this from Dave a couple minutes ago. I asked him about weight, power handling and tweeter protection.

"HI Allen...the B212 weighs 75 lbs...the cab with delta 12 LF's handles
    700...with kappas 900 there is no tweeter protecter...but the are rugged
    and out of a couple of thousand bass cab sold with those tweeters, I've only
    replaced three so they are pretty rugged...let me know if you need more
    info...thanks...dave 208.762.5251"

19. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    nice...i may have to check into those cabs. i was going to try out some aguilar 12's, but i'm sure the avatars can handle anything i throw at them. besides, with lots of power and a good pre-, i can't see them being bad one way or the other anyway. my only requirement is being able to handle a low b.