1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Honk'n_down-low, Mar 17, 2009.

1. I have an LMII (who doesn't) and I am looking to get a lighter weight more modern Cab.

Currently using SWR Goliath II with an Ampeg BSE15T.

Considering an Avatar B410 but like the what I have read about the GS112 and would eventually get a second 112 if I went that route.

Another what say you thread. Avatar or Aguilar (or something else in this price range?).

Ooops might be in the wrong Forum....

2. shoot-r

shoot-r

May 26, 2007
    Illinois
    I, myself love 12's, but not single 112 cabinets as stand-alones. If your going to have "two" 112 cabs that be the way I'd run.

3. Pickebass

Pickebass Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    I currently own a Goliath II and have a GS112. You will definitely need two GS112s to get close to the volume. Are you looking for a more modern sounding cabinet?? The GS112 is not as punchy as what you have. The DB112 would be punchier. If you are happy with what you have and want something similar to the GII get the Avatar.

I personally, like the Goliath, because I think the rear porting on those cabs have given it a nice round full sound. Not necessarily the deepest sounding or most cutting cab, but a good all around sound for many environments.

4. Thanks for the info!!