Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Avatar 410PRO, 212LF,410NEO Which one??Help

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by David Vega, Sep 8, 2005.

1. David Vega

David Vega

Aug 28, 2002
    Puerto Rico
    Hi ALL!!

I have a SVT4PRO with a BXT410HL4. I play finger style, mainly hard rock, heavy metal. I have Music MAn SR5, SR4, Lakland 55-02.

I think that the BXT is under rated in wattage for me. I am looking for a low end, loud cab, that handle better the SVT, and better than the BXT. The BXT is more for JAzz.

I like to cut through the mix, so i put midrange in my sound, but not to sacrifice the low end.

I read a lot of reviews on Avatar, more good than bad. I will buy one of these puppies, but I am not sure which.

If i buy the 212, good low end, but no much mid, or the 410 NEO, good low end, midrange ok, or the 410PRO, all of the above, heavy as hell!!

I am a one cab man for the gigs, so this is my status.
    Any suggestion, and feedback regarding Avatar, experience, really appreciated

thanks!!

2. Piezoman

Piezoman

Nov 29, 2002
    Bronx, New York
    bump, similair situation

3. David Vega

David Vega

Aug 28, 2002
    Puerto Rico
    hey piezo man,
    what rig you have?

4. I highly recomend calling Avatar and asking them, giving your needs.

5. Piezoman

Piezoman

Nov 29, 2002
    Bronx, New York
    Dont laugh......but an SWR workingmans 4004 and a WM 4x10.

Looking to prolly get the avatar b410pro 4 ohm to get a better tone/slightly more volume.

6. David Vega

David Vega

Aug 28, 2002
    Puerto Rico
    i just sent a email to dave, will see!!
    i let you know

7. I have a B212. It has better lows than a 410 and very good mids as long as your head's EQ doesnt look like a smiley face. The 4th order crossover I built and installed made a big difference in the high-mids performance. I use it for hardrock and heavy metal. I wouldn't doubt this cabs power handing ability and I'd bet it would sound a lot better if I could throw more power into it.

8. David Vega

David Vega

Aug 28, 2002
    Puerto Rico
    thanks all for the replys,

which 212 you have? B212LF or B212NEO?

thanks

9. BStringJerry

BStringJerry

Aug 5, 2005
    Texas
    David - I have an Avatar B212H Neo & a B115H Neo. I can't say anything bad about either one. I don't think you can get a better cab for the money. I am looking to sell both by the way. I only want to sell them because I got a new amp and I need 8 ohm cabs and these are 4 ohm. But, I'll just get more Avatars.

10. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    In my experience the Pro series needs a little more power to drive than most cabs.

11. I use the DeltaLF version of the B212. The DeltaLF speakers are better suited for that size box than the neos, and the box really isnt too bad to lift or carry up or down a tight stairwell, and Im 5'10 and 150lbs.

12. David Vega

David Vega

Aug 28, 2002
    Puerto Rico
    Do you think that 500 wattts are not enough, or 1200watts for the pro? i have a ampeg svt4-pro head

13. xring

xring

Sep 16, 2003
    Ohio
    If you've got a decent head and EQ section (which you do ;) ) you'll have no problem getting good mids from the 212. I have the Delta, and it is a "do it all" cab. Depending on which bass I have plugged, I get a biting growl (Bongo 5) or a piano like clarity (Spector Rebop 5). Once again, a very versatile cab.

14. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    That should be enough. If you had a 300 watt SS head it might be a little underpowered. I bet that 4x10 with a lot of power going through it would be killer.

15. I'd go w/ 410 Pro. All the lows of the 212, but with the punch you'd expect from 10's.

Neo's - I personlaly wound't go for IMO.

16. David Vega

David Vega

Aug 28, 2002
    Puerto Rico
    YOu have one of these?