Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DeepDeath, Aug 3, 2002.

1. im getting a really big rig, touring needed.
    i play to get a carvin dcm 2000 and a preamp.
    going to run 2 avatar 4x10's through to get 2000 watts through since i dont think i can run it at 1000 each to both. anyways can the tweeter handle really bright tones and can the speakers handle the low b? also if your familar with both the power amp and cabs. can you tell me which way you run it to get the most volume or watts into the cabs? thanks

2. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    DD,
    hey, sounds like a powerful rig! I can't say anything about the DCM 2000, however I run a R1000 with my Avatar 4x10 and it has plenty of punch and can handle the low B just fine. The Fostex horn sounds awesome too. When I get the cash I want to add the 2x10 to max out the amp a little more...

best of luck! Let us know how it all works out.

3. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    I've had a DCM1500 for awhile now......nice amp for the bucks!

4. ndjx

ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    MN
    I would get the 4x10 with a 1x15, then get a crossover for your rack...

5. i dont need a 1x15 it will mud up my sound i need clarity and volume, in metal 15's aren't useful as with jazz or any thing else-ill get one in the far future thou when i start my jazz theory

6. can someone tell me the amp setup to get the most volume and how the highs sound out of the tweeter.

7. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    PDX
    I think with a serious power amp like that you can probably drive the cabs to their potential any way they are configured. As far as how the tweeter sounds, I have an Avatar 2x10 and the tweeter sounds pretty good to me, it basically extends the response of the woofers without sounding too harsh.

8. ok, bump i need some setup advice, bridged? sterio?

9. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    PDX
    I would probably get two 4 ohm cabs and run the amp in stereo. You'd still have power to spare, and it would be less taxing on the amp than running bridged into a 4 ohm load.