Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by steve-o, Jul 4, 2002.

1. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    i just e-mailed dave seeing if he can build one for me. hopefully under $400.
    if he can he is the man!!!!
    i can buy another cab but i want an avatar!
    if any one is intrested they should e-mail him showing intrest in this.

steve

2. I think the limits on what he can build have more to do with what he can ship UPS. Anything bigger than his 412 guitar cabinets would have to go truck freight which would be really pricey. But I would be interested to see what he says. I initially considered trying to get him to do a powerhouse 1000 style box for me but in the end it was easier just to get the 410 and 115.

3. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    he says that they make cabs in 100 so he can't do a one off deal!
    and the shipping also.

steve

4. That thing would weigh so much.

5. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    over 100lbs!

i am going to build a 2x12 cab for small stuff and to pratice over my freinds house with.

steve

6. Probably 150lbs for an 810. The speakers he uses are a lot heavier than whats in Ampeg etc..

7. that guy rocks! the other guitarist from our band got one of his 2x15 cabs, and i love it. now i want him to make me a cab with vintage 30s for (get this) under $400 (ok, not including tax nor shipping, but shut up; the closest thing is carvin, which is just under $500!)

actually, i think it would be lighter than ampeg, 'cause i'm assuming ampeg, like most companies, use particle board cab bodies (i could be wrong, though), and avatar uses birch plywood, which is actually light 'cause you don't have to use boards that are as thick. i dunno, though.

8. yeah but the avatar cabs are a little bigger. 79 lbs is not light for a 410... Trust me!

9. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    it doesn't matter how much it weighs if it has tilt back wheels like most every production 6x10 or 8x10.

10. excuse my ignorance but I've been away from the boards and the bass world for a little..all the posts about avatar cabs have confused me. I can't find any info on them. please enlighten me.

11. www.avatarspeakers.com

There are plenty of great threads to answer questions you may have about Avatar cabinets. Search for a thread called "Help Me, Need a new rig" or something along those lines. It really helped me out.

12. Nevermind here's the link to the thread. I did a search and there was too many choices. Wasn't specific enough so i did your searching work for you.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=50044&highlight=Help+Me+NEed+a+new+Rig ;)

13. thanks..I just found the info I was looking for.