Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MMStingRay, Sep 14, 2004.

1. MMStingRay

MMStingRay

Aug 17, 2004
    Michigan
    supported by Hipshot, Diamond strings and Clayton picks
    These are new to me.
    Who tried them?
    Likes, dis-likes?

This came up in my last thread.

2. what the heall is CGM?

if your asking what avatar cabinets ar like, they really kick ass!!

cheap
    loud
    lots of handling
    CHEAP!!!!

3. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    CapeGirardeauMissouri, CGM, get it ;)

Great stuff. It's about time people started to find out about them. I love their PA cabs, espicially the monitors. The ARM-112's are great. Brian and Scott are some of the nicest sales guys I've ever dealt with.

www.cgmmusic.com

4. Avatars are the best value I know of. They are talked about extensively here. If you do a search here you'll find a lot of threads.

5. MMStingRay

MMStingRay

Aug 17, 2004
    Michigan
    supported by Hipshot, Diamond strings and Clayton picks
    What do you get with the 12" over the 10, 15, 18?

6. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

what the heall is CGM?

Used to be Horizon Audio. Well known for entry level PA equipment, particularly their monitor speakers. They make a few pieces that transcend the expectations, I've had a pair of 1-12 monitors (ya, the ARM-112H) for over ten years, and many national level bands I've mixed have liked them fine. Cost me $150 apiece new, such a deal.

I have no experience with the bass cabs, but I would highly recommend ordering something custom, not the production versions. They'll do nice birch ply cabs, and many other things, if you request them.