Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by craigb, May 19, 2003.

1. craigb

craigb Supporting Member

When I saw that Dave was redesigning the CB cabs to lay on their sides I got off my tail and got one from him (I want the tall skinny stack and not the low wide stack). I let the weight guide me and went with the CB-112 because I didn't want to go over 45 lbs per cab. It arrived Friday.

Stacked together I thought the CB-112 (the bigger one) was a little quieter and handles the bottom a little better. Not a big difference. I'm a 4-stringer so we are talking 41Hz only right now (I don't even have a Hipshot right now).

Physically they stack perfectly. And using both together works very well. Now I'm looking forward to getting them out in a space where I can turn them up a bit and see how they do (maybe in August - new baby arriving next week means no band stuff for a while).

FWIW I was using a Raven Labs PHA-1 as the preamp and a QSC RMX-850 for power. That's not going to be my "long term" head/rack solution but it's what I've got right now.
  2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    looks killer, I'm seriously considering an Avatar purchase.
  3. justBrian

Apr 19, 2002
    Kansas City, MO
    I bought one of the new cb112s for the same reason-- I don't mind a tall stack. But I only have on right now. I coupled it with an SWR Baby Blue head-- it sounds great.