1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by craigb, May 19, 2003.

1. craigb

craigb G&L churnmeister Supporting Member

When I saw that Dave was redesigning the CB cabs to lay on their sides I got off my tail and got one from him (I want the tall skinny stack and not the low wide stack). I let the weight guide me and went with the CB-112 because I didn't want to go over 45 lbs per cab. It arrived Friday.

Stacked together I thought the CB-112 (the bigger one) was a little quieter and handles the bottom a little better. Not a big difference. I'm a 4-stringer so we are talking 41Hz only right now (I don't even have a Hipshot right now).

Physically they stack perfectly. And using both together works very well. Now I'm looking forward to getting them out in a space where I can turn them up a bit and see how they do (maybe in August - new baby arriving next week means no band stuff for a while).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

FWIW I was using a Raven Labs PHA-1 as the preamp and a QSC RMX-850 for power. That's not going to be my "long term" head/rack solution but it's what I've got right now.

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    looks killer, I'm seriously considering an Avatar purchase.

3. justBrian

justBrian

Apr 19, 2002
    Kansas City, MO
    I bought one of the new cb112s for the same reason-- I don't mind a tall stack. But I only have on right now. I coupled it with an SWR Baby Blue head-- it sounds great.