Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Avatar B112 - Kappa Speaker! No Longer Made!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Quadzilla, Sep 22, 2005.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Sold to Marcus Willett. Thanks Marcus!!!

All-

I have a pretty unusual and "rare" item that was only made for a very short run over at Avatar. It's a 8 ohm Avatar B112 (this was before the CB112 and SB112 came out). Shame he does not offer these anymore as it's a wonderful cab. It's the smaller, more compact cab that Dave used to make that rear ported (vs front) and has a single carrying handle on top. It's VERY easy to carry and move around and is well balanced when carrying. It's a practice/small gig dream cab. It's loaded with an Eminence Kappa speaker which is great because it has because it has better specs that the Delta speakers and has an 80 oz magnet vs the 56 oz for the Delta. Dave no longer uses that Kappas in his 12's (why I don't know, cost maybe?). He offers them as a higher priced option on his 4x10 and 1x15.

Here are the specs of the speaker at Eminence--> Click Me

The cab weighs just under 40 lbs. Dimensions are 18" H x 18" W x 15 1/2" D.

The cab has only been to two places, my basement (which has a dehumidifier that runs 24x7) and the drummer's house where I practice. It has NEVER been gigged and only played at moderate levels. I have some pictures from when I first got it. It's at my drummers house now and I'll get over there to take a couple of pics of it as it is today, but it's pretty much in the same conidtion other than I pulled the horn out and painted it silver (like I've done w all of my Avatar cabs) and a very, very slight amount of the carpet on the sides has fraid just a little from a cat that I used to have (it's barely noticible, as soon as I caught her doing it, I packed the cab away from her).

I'm going to let her go for $190 + actual shipping.

2. Quadzilla

3. Quadzilla

4. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    I have one of these and they are VERY nice. The difference between this one and the current model is, Dave moved to a front port design on the new models so you don't have to worry about using the room for part of your sound. I like the way these sound better, but IMHO you pretty much have to use them indoors for best results... studios, small clubs, etc..

What's nice about the new ones is you can use them anywhere, and they stack nicely with the other cabs he makes, but I think they lack a bit of the depth these older ones have somehow (even though they're larger.)

Anyway, free bump with info... :)

5. Marcus Willett

Marcus Willett Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2005
    Palm Bay, FL
    Endorsing Artist: Bag End - Dean Markley - Thunderfunk
  6. Quadzilla

7. Quadzilla

On hold for Marcus Willett (thanks Marcus). Oh, forgot to thanks Vic for the props on the cab and the bump ;) ! This one went fast!

8. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    No prob... I almost PM'd you myself on this, but I really don't have a need for a second one... besides, I didn't want to be a cab hog. ;)

9. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    Oh no! I sent you a message this morning before anyone else responded, did you not get it? I asked for dimensions, but indicated I was veyr interested. :(

10. Acepiloto

Acepiloto

Aug 25, 2000
    Another props on a great cab.

I picked this along with a matching 1x15 Avatar here on tb. Awesome little stack, light, and very compact. "Almost" sounds as good as my 410XLT. Great for going out to jam with.

Irie,
    Russ

11. Quadzilla

Hi Tone. I honestly did not get your message. I just checked both my PM box here on TB and my email. Neither show a message. Believe me, it was first come, first serv. I don't discriminate. I would have gladly taken your money if you would have been first in line man!

12. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    No worries dude, it's all good. Glad you got a buyer.

13. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Not to torture anyone, but I just checked with Dave and he doesn't even have any empty cabs layin' around anymore. They are gone gone.

14. johans

johans G.U.I - Groovin' under influence

Oct 28, 2004
    the Bay Area, CA
    i want it

pm sent

15. Quadzilla

Sold to Marcus Willett. Thanks Marcus!!!

16. Marcus Willett

Marcus Willett Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2005
    Palm Bay, FL
    Endorsing Artist: Bag End - Dean Markley - Thunderfunk